As the world’s leading global bank, we have an unprecedented opportunity to truly drive change through forward-thinking product experiences and services that will touch millions of customers. The experiences we’re changing go beyond traditional digital channels and bank/credit card products; we are tasked with defining all digital consumer touch points across our rich suite of bank, credit card, savings, investment, lending, and financial wellness products.
To accomplish this, we’ve transformed our approach to product management resulting in a significant push to move faster, design for customers first, and develop a product organization that rivals best in class tech companies/start-ups, creating an environment where product managers can shine, and build products that immediately impact millions of customers.
Our team is made up of ambitious, driven, and customer focus leaders with experience building products at market leaders and building early-stage start-ups. We’re looking for a small group of incredibility talented and driven product managers to help lead in this effort.
The Wealth Domain
The financial landscape and growing customer preference to do business in the digital channels has been quickly evolving over the past five years and has made a significant impact on how we interact with customers, the products we create and the strategies we deploy. In order to compete with fast growing entrants that are non-traditional financial services institutions in the Digital Wealth Management space (e.g. Robinhood, Wealthfront, Stash, Acorns, etc.) we have created a Digital Wealth Domain to innovate and deliver digital products that reach our customers quickly in the channels they prefer.
As VP of Digital Wealth Management, you will report to the SVP Digital Wealth Management Domain to support the Domain’s strategic priorities and building out product offering across self-directed investment products, automated investments (robo), goals planning, saving goals, and financial advisor tools. You will support the delivery of a simple, unified, and inspiring investment experience that acts as a new vector of customer growth while driving significant assets under management. You will be responsible for defining, testing and delivering a product that challenges banking today while making a material impact on customers and the business. To be successful, you will need to bring a creative vision, superior problem-solving skills, and great product instincts, and have the ability to get things done. What you’ll do:
- Define the high-level mission, vision, and roadmap for your product
- Define OKRs and metrics to measure the success of the features and experiences put into the market
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative customer and industry data to test hypotheses, identify consumer pain points and validate potential solutions
- Collaborate with a talented group of designers to define the product requirements into wireframes and high-fidelity designs
- Translate research and hypotheses into product requirements and detailed user stories
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive features through the various gates, including operations, fraud, risk, legal and compliance
- Prioritize new features based on customer needs, alignment with the company’s short- and long- term goals, and technical capabilities
- Get your hands dirty analyzing funnels/cohorts, in Sketch, OmniGraffle, JIRA, and Excel
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years’ experience building and shipping consumer internet products through the full product lifecycle with teams of designers, engineers, and non-tech partners
- Managed and developed well-loved products with demonstrable and measurable results
- Empathetic towards the customer with the ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes
- Hustler with a willingness and appetite to do what it takes to take the product from concept to launch, while also being comfortable with ambiguity
- Experienced in making hard data-informed decisions (A/B experimentation, user testing, competitors and marketing analysis, defining metrics) and funnel tools (e.g., Mixpanel, Google Analytics)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to find, analyze, and distill behavioral data (e.g., funnels, cohorts, raw data sets) into actionable insights
- Sharp. You think on your feet, quickly come up with innovative solutions and are always one step ahead
- Technical. Understanding of technical problems, how to break down the work involved in solving them, and the impact of those decisions on engineering
- Preferred: product management experience with a leading tech company or an early/growth stage funded startup
The Digital PM Lead Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Deliver against ambitious business objectives
- Provide platform, product, and customer experience leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative financial platform products
- Responsible for the overall vision, technical capabilities and roadmap of the digital product platform
- Engage with businesses and shape business and product requirements in to platform requirements
- Own the overall platform business plans and roadmaps
- Drive product development for new initiatives
- Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market
- Maintain the product roadmap, and clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities and desired outcomes throughout the company
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Experience leading digital initiatives
- Extensive experience working with engineers and developers to understand what is technically possible, how to translate customer needs
- Strategic, results-driven leader who is passionate about designing best-in-class digital experiences and staying at the forefront of cutting edge technology in the servicing space
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical teams
- Bachelor’s/University Degree in Computer Science/Business Management/Engineering
- Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Product Management and Development
Digital Product Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting