Job Req ID 21394373
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is a senior member of Citi’s Sustainability & ESG team, which is responsible for the development of Citi’s Sustainable Progress Strategy, driving the development of Citi’s net zero plan, ESG disclosure and ratings, engagement with key clients, investors and stakeholders, managing sustainability-related reputational risk, and other priority efforts. The Sustainability & ESG team manages environmental, climate change, human rights and other stakeholder and business issues in partnership with Citi’s businesses, risk functions and operational teams.
The CAO will help drive alignment of Citi’s sustainability strategy and priorities across businesses and functions, including ensuring alignment across Citi’s different ESG governance groups. The position will help track ESG developments and regulations across Citi’s regions and countries and ensure that the team is contributing expertise as needed. The CAO will also help maintain the team’s risk and controls processes and lead budget planning and talent development. Finally, this Director-level role will serve as senior advisor to the Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) on priority and emerging issues. This role reports to the CSO who in turn reports to Citi’s Executive Vice President of Global Public Affairs (GPA).
- Serve as a senior strategic advisor to the CSO and work across the Sustainability & ESG team, liaising as needed with senior management
- Drive alignment of Citi’s sustainability strategy and goals across Citi’s different management-level ESG governance structures
- Support the CSO in managing the team and its priorities, tracking critical initiatives and deliverables
- Monitor ESG regulations across Citi’s jurisdictions, in partnership with Government Affairs and Regulatory Affairs
- Analyze and improve systems for tracking progress of sustainability and ESG goals
- Oversee creation of briefing documents and presentations for Citi’s senior management and Board members
- Help ensure alignment with Citi’s GPA risk and controls frameworks
- Manage organizational planning, team member recruitment and talent development, annual budget and staffing and resource planning
- Support the Sustainability & ESG team on special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, such as environmental science, economics, business, or public policy. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Strong relationship management skills, with the ability to influence across a highly matrixed organization while using a collaborative mindset
- Detail-oriented, diligent, and efficient in executing high-quality final products
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to engage a diverse range of colleagues, from peers to senior executives
- Excellent organizational skills to prioritize competing deliverables
Flexibility, sense of humor and being a team player are a
Job Family Group:
Project and Program Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.