This individual will play an important role in the transformation of the Risk Identification function, as part of the overall firmwide transformation. This individual will contribute to a risk identification effort which is more rigorous, more quantitative, and more useful to others in the firm. The Risk ID team works with businesses and functions across the firm on a global basis to identify all material risks, across all risk types and all geographies.
- Contribute actively on a quarterly basis to updating the firm’s inventory of material risks, in partnership with first line and second line colleagues
- Provide guidance to businesses on definitions of material, emerging, growing, idiosyncratic and top risks.
- Work with first and second line colleagues to use risk taxonomy as a device for challenging the existing risk inventory and for organizing the risk inventory.
- Work with colleagues on assessing risks on the basis of quantitative and qualitative materiality guidance.
- Work with colleagues to develop a rigorous set of metrics which can help to indicate whether risks are becoming more or less significant.
- Contribute to the continuing automation of the risk identification platform, which will enable the process to be conducted in a more rigorous way and will enable the inputs and outputs to be available to relevant parties in a more transparent and systematic fashion.
- Work with colleagues on next steps following risk identification, including determination of the firm’s appetite for these risks, management actions that are being taken or could be taken, and implications for business, strategic and capital planning and stress testing.
- 2-8 years experience in financial services.
- Interest in contributing to the firmwide transformation which now is in progress.
- Ability to drive change in a proactive, but thoughtful, way.
- Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities.
- Creativity and independent thinking;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative work style;
- Highly proficient in MS Powerpoint and Excel.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:
Business Strategy, Management & Administration
Strategy & Development
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting