Position: Social Media and Community Management. Co-op
Reports to: Director of Digital Marketing
Department: Web and Digital Marketing
Location: CIEE – Remote
Digital Marketing Coordinator
A nonprofit, non-governmental organization, CIEE is the world leader in international education and exchange. For over 70 years, CIEE has been committed to bringing the world together through meaningful international exchange programs to help humanize international relations all students, all nations. Driven by this purpose, CIEE has helped thousands of people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to live and work in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world by offering the most comprehensive, relevant, and valuable exchange programs available. Serving over 400 U.S. College and University consortium members, CIEE operates over thirty study centers in twenty-six countries that support study abroad programs for over 10,000 students annually. In addition, as the largest sponsor for U.S. Department of State J-1 Visa programs, CIEE helps nearly 30,000 international students participate in U.S. based exchange programs annually. CIEE programs and services span study abroad, teach abroad, international faculty development seminars, and inbound exchange study, work, and internship programs for today’s high school and university students, professionals, and educators.
Summary of Position
CIEE is seeking a Social Media and Community Management Co-op to working remote from CIEE’s headquarters. This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position responsible for the development, management and scheduling of social media content to CIEE social channels. The Social Media and Community Management Co-op will work closely with the Social Media and Community Management Co-op, the Web and Digital Marketing team and business stakeholders, reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing.
• Provide weekly updates that include completed projects and tasks, and social engagement metrics.
• Monitor feed, tags and DMs for Global Enrollment Management’s (GEM) social channels daily (incl. weekends) and respond as needed.
• Develop and maintain a 2-week, forward-looking content calendar across all GEM channels.
• Maintain a library of published content and schedules in Asana (project mgmt. tool) with topical and platform tags.
• Produce content utilized across social channels and CIEE’s website including but not limited to graphics, videos, blogs and interactive quizzes.
• Monitor active site content, for the purposes of sharing across appropriate social channels. 2 of 2
• Periodically support CIEE’s outbound lines of business (Global Navigator, Teach Abroad & TEFL Certification) social channels with content development and publishing.
• Assist in the management of CIEE study center social accounts, including credential management and periodic announcement publishing.
Education and Work Experience:
• Currently enrolled or completed Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a marketing, communications or a related field.
• Professional experience working with social media platforms
• International travel and/or study abroad experience preferred, but not required.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience using social channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and YouTube are required.
• Experience working with social media management platforms such as Later or Hootsuite is preferred.
• Proficient in media creation tools such as Canva or Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Experience with video editing tools such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro are preferred.
• Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud applications is preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office and/or Google Suite Productivity Apps are required.
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to set priorities, multitask and pay strong attention to detail.
• Professional, creative, flexible, collaborative and high energy.
Due to federal regulations, a background check will be conducted as a condition of employment. Interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Social Media and Community Management Co-op in the subject line. We will contact those candidates we would like to meet with to further discuss this exciting opportunity. No phone calls please.