Grant Writer Responsibilities:
The Grant Writer is a part time position that reports directly to the Executive Director. The Grant
Writer will be responsible for researching, writing and coordinating the grant application process; management of proposals and maintaining a donor database.
The Grant Writer duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
- Responsible for researching, collecting data, and writing of each grant
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets
- Work with department managers to compile financials and data
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials.
- Coordinate and follow-ups on the progress of submitted proposals
- Conduct prospect research to identify, cultivate and solicit new grants
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in research and grant writing; nonprofit experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals
- Knowledge of youth development practice and programming
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven
- Clear, precise and compelling writing skills
- Able to effectively communicate
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The Grant Writer will work 15-25 hours per week Monday through Friday; possible work from home arrangement.
The Grant Writer is an hourly position. Pay Rate is based on experience.