The Chicago Bulls have a strong history of giving back to the community by providing time, materials, resources and financial donations to organizations that share the team’s dedication to community violence prevention through our four focus areas of: education, community investment, health and wellness, and youth opportunity. The Community Relations (CR) team supports these efforts year-round, and we are currently seeking a highly creative and resourceful person to join us as a Social Responsibility Manager. We are seeking an emerging leader who is passionate about the intersection of business and community engagement, is highly organized, and able to both plan and execute against significant projects.
In this role, you will be responsible for collaborating and running the corporate partnership programming for the Community Relations team. You will help the organization build and maintain long-lasting relationships with corporate partners, support the Director of Community Relations to find opportunities for new corporate partners to support community outreach activities, and serve as an in-house resource to the Community Relations team about Bulls corporate partners. You will also be a member of the CR team that collaborates with other departments across the organization to develop cross-disciplinary programs, initiatives and campaigns that support the community outreach goals of the team, NBA, and non-profit and civic partners.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Community Engagement and the Director of Community Relations:
- Serve as the Community Relations team’s primary resource for sponsored community outreach programming and initiatives.
- Design community engagement programs in collaboration with the Business Development, Corporate Marketing and Corporate Partnership teams, that align with the community outreach goals for the Bulls organization and the corporate sponsor.
- Partner with Business Development team to create the community engagement components for their sponsorship pitch presentations.
- Represent the CR team for weekly cross team ideation sessions for potential sponsor considerations.
- Lead the implementation of corporate partnership programming with local community organizations and in partnership with the Corporate Partnership team.
- Collaborate with Corporate Partnerships team to grow and continuously improve the corporate partners’ experiences that impact with their community outreach work.
- Find opportunities to highlight corporate community initiatives via the Bulls’ social media and website in collaboration with the Public Relations team.
- Support various Chicago Bulls community outreach initiatives.
- Support CR game day activations
- Support any related hospitality events as needed.
- Represent organization at events and in speaking engagements.
- Manage 1-2 full time staff.
- Bachelor’s degree and / or 3-5 years of prior work experience in non-profit, business, entertainment and/or sports sectors
- Ability to develop positive relationships internally, operate in a manner that reflects the Bulls’ collaborative-based culture and ability to thrive within a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience developing and implementing creative sponsored community/social responsibility initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of trends and standard methodologies in Corporate Social Responsibility, Social Impact and Cause Marketing.
- Experience developing and implementing processes to track and measure program impact.
- Strong working knowledge of the Chicago and the region’s corporations and non-profit community.
- Ability to communicate articulately and confidently both verbally and in writing with individuals at every level of the organization.
- Ability to anticipate obstacles and build solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to lead meetings and handle multiple priorities.
- Great teammate with positive energy
- Previous management experience (FT preferred)
- Must be able to work both office and non-traditional hours, including nights and weekends.
Must have received the completed COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required. Legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.