Full Job Description
Brambles companies, including CHEP, help move more goods to more people, in more places than any other organisation on earth. Our 330 million pallets, crates and containers are continuously in motion, forming the invisible backbone of the global supply chain and the world’s biggest brands trust us to help them transport their goods more efficiently, sustainably and safely. As pioneers of the sharing economy, Brambles created one of the world’s most sustainable logistics businesses through the share and reuse of its platforms under a model known as ‘pooling’. Brambles primarily serves the fast-moving consumer goods (e.g. dry food, grocery, and health and personal care), fresh produce, beverage, retail and general manufacturing industries. The Group employs more than 10,000 people and operates in over 60 countries with its largest operations in North America and Western Europe. For further information, please visit www.brambles.com.
Analyst, Risk & Compliance (Orlando)
Reports to & Location
Senior Manager, Risk & Compliance (Orlando)
The Analyst, Risk & Compliance is a visible role ensuring that adequate controls are in place to allow the organization to achieve its objectives. The individual will achieve this by assisting with operational audits, performing walkthroughs of standard operating procedures, assisting with operational and corporate level assessments, and sharing good practice with management through advisory services.
CHEP North America
Number of Countries: 2 (Primary focus on CHEP USA and CHEP Canada)
Travel: Up to 25% travel may be required as COVID travel restrictions are eased.
- Assigned tasks to be performed in a quality manner.
- Assigned tasks to be performed in a productive and on-time fashion.
- Stakeholder feedback.
- Supporting operational audits and assessments of the service center network with an emphasis being placed the accuracy of equipment (pallet) flows to allow for effective control of assets.
- Conducting corporate level audits, assessments, and walkthroughs over various processes to determine whether controls are operating effectively.
- Provide practical and value-add recommendations that would improve business processes, improve controls, and assist management in meeting their objectives.
- Prepare insightful written reports to management on audits and assessments performed detailing key observations and management action plans.
- Support the Brambles Insurance program management process through periodic validations of assets in North America.
- Actively manage the standard operating procedure repository and governance process through collaboration with stakeholders in departments throughout the organization.
- Delivers advisory services to management through the sharing of good practice and commonly found risks within the organization.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and drive assigned deliverables to completion.
- The ability to influence business partners without having direct authority over them.
- Accurately interpret complex issues and determine their root cause.
- Ability to interact with various levels of staff and management.
Authority/ Decision Making
- Communication of detailed audit findings and assigned action plans with the as needed support of the Senior Manager, Risk & Compliance.
- Authority to develop and maintain detailed testing documentation to support issues raised in audits and assessments performed.
- Operations Representatives
- Assistant Plant Managers
- Plant Managers
- Operations Directors
- Insurance Manager
- Personnel across various departments (Finance, Real Estate, Insurance, Logistics, e.g.) as needed.
- Third Party Management Group points of contact
- External Insurance points of contact
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or another business-related field
- Graduate Degree (MBA)
- CIA, CPA or similar certification
- Minimum 2-3 years of a combination of prior risk, internal audit and industry experience is beneficial.
- Prior experience working in an asset pooling or supply chain environment.
- Prior experience in evaluating the operating effectiveness of standard operating procedures.
- Experience in creating audit work programs and assessments from scratch.
Skills and Knowledge
- High computer literacy and Microsoft Office Application skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- High level of integrity and independence, while maintaining politically sensitive judgment
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information
- Self-motivated – able to work towards agreed objectives with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Stakeholder management
Preferred Level of Work Experience
1 – 3 years
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.