Full Job Description
Program Manager, Open Source
Overview of Position
Change Healthcare is seeking an Open-Source Program Manager to support the utilization, and future expansion of the open-source program. The successful candidate will have experience in dev ops, programming or scripting, known to be a team player and collaborator, and a subject matter expert on the use of open source to build software.
As the Open-Source Program manager you will work closely with our development teams to ensure open-source policies and procedures are adhered to, partner with the Open-Source Review Board to address identified gaps and issues, and represent Change Healthcare in technical discussions with open source scanning tool vendor(s). The Open-Source Program Manager can also expect to participate in strategic decision making and implementation of enhancements to the current open-source program.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- This position will support Change Healthcare’s open-source program by ensuring program compliance, issue resolution, and reporting to senior leadership and product owners.
- Maintains team open-source Wiki as a source of information for new and existing team members.
- Participate in the Open-Source Review Board meetings to ensure licensing and policy violations are addressed.
- Support teams’ on-boarding to the platform and provide technical advice on how to incorporate open-source scanning into their projects including using the API of the product.
- Subject matter expert collaborating closely with end users and vendor to ensure training gaps and submitted tickets are addressed in a timely manner.
- Drive the implementation of strategic initiatives to expand and enhance Change Healthcare’s open-source program including the creation and use of internal repositories and participation in open-source projects.
- Monitor KPI’s and metrics associated with open-source policies and procedures.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5+ years of product development and engineering experience
- Extensive understanding of open-source (inner source and outer source) programs
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or closely related software engineering field
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Comfortable with reporting requirements and maintaining/ updating dashboards using data visualization tools like Spotfire or Tableau
- Jira and Confluence usage and design
- Understands CI/CD pipelines and general coding of REST API’s.
- Program audits.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Some of our positions require employees to be onsite at a Change Healthcare facility or a Client site, including Medical Facilities. Depending on the site’s health and safety guidelines, you may be required to have medical screenings or vaccinations to meet site requirements, which may include Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing. Further details and requirements will be confirmed during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.