Sr. Business Analyst
Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Belton, Texas, US United States
Position ID: J0921-0967
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI has an immediate need for Sr. Business Analyst (Derivatives, REPO) to join our financial services team in one of our selected CGI locations. Due to the current COVID-19 status, candidates will not be required to work within the physical work location at this time. When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, they will be required to be located within the proximity of the assigned CGI location.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
• We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
• We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic top five global consulting organization that gives you a direct stake in its success? CGI is seeking a Sr. Business Analyst with Mortgage Backed Sec, Derivatives and REPO experience.
This role is on a very exciting forward looking team that has an opportunity to present creative ideas that will make an impact.
Working as a Senior Business Analyst (Derivatives, REPO), you will be responsible for creating requirements, use cases, and design documents. Requirements and designs should follow project standards and articulate the solution on an appropriate level. The business analyst will also provide client walkthrough of design documents, when requested, and work with the team to address review comments. In addition to requirements, the business analyst will participate in all phases of functional testing.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Solicit and capture business requirements from business teams
• Conduct working sessions to share requirements, facilitate solution discussion with external vendor and document the outcomes from these sessions
• Break down business requirements and vendor solutions into user stories for development team
• Drive requirements to development and into production
• Perform manual test and conduct user acceptance test with multiple business teams
• Perform a gap analysis of target state to current state environment.
• Provide project management analysis and review of policies, procedures, control documents, workflow diagrams, and other supporting documentation.
• Develop effective materials for documenting and communicating complex information to large public audiences.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Experience with implementing end-to-end collateral management solution for OTC Cleared trades
• Experience with working in a Agile Environment – creating features, breaking them into stories, able to lead grooming sessions, helping the engineers in the team to understand the stories
• Experience supporting enterprise-wide large system transformations and navigating the existing systems landscape
• Recent and significant Business Analyst experience supporting Capital Market environment, preferably within a GSE organization
• Knowledge and understanding of Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS), derivatives (Interest Rate Swap, Swaption, Future), Repo, Fixed Income life-cycle
• Knowledge and understanding of UMR, SIMM calculation and pre-trade analytics
• Technical Skills including Calypso, Aladdin, Summit, SimCorp Dimension, TriOptima, AcadiaSoft, Bloomberg, ION, Jira, MS Office, SQL, automated testing tools will be a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required and an aptitude for engaging with senior level executives
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Post graduate degree desired
- Data Analysis
- Business Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.