Category: Business Analysis (functional and technical)
City: Sacramento, California, US United States
Position ID: J0721-0443
Employment Type: Full Time
CGI is seeking Business/Data Analysts to join our team!
Seeking those interested in using their SQL skills to support internal and external customers with ad hoc query support. This technical part of the role is balanced by a customer service aspect, as you will be working with clients to make sure the data you’re providing meets their business needs.
As is typical on a small project, this person would also perform other duties including application testing, requirements gathering for change requests, and administrative tasks.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Query a proprietary database using SQL to fill ad hoc data needs. This may include iterative steps of working with the client to understand those needs, creating queries, getting feedback, and refining those queries.
• Learn the client’s application and eventually become a subject matter expert on the application and how it meets business needs.
• Perform functional and regression testing on new builds.
• Track defects and test the fixes when delivered.
• Gather requirements from clients and create or review change requests.
• Document new features for release notes and user documentation.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must have strong SQL skills
• Experience testing applications
• History of providing outstanding customer service
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Skill Set/Years of Experience:
SQL queries – 3 years
Application testing – 1 year
Requirements gathering – 1 year
Business writing – 3 years
Microsoft Excel – 1 year
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Patience and persistence
• Flexibility with respect to job role
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $56K-$110K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Business Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Test Analysis
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.