Sr. Tax Analyst
Deerfield, Illinois, United States of America
About CF Industries:
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
AG0130 Corporate Taxes, Exempt
Finance & Accounting
The Sr. Tax Analyst applies a comprehensive knowledge of federal and state tax law for the preparation of income tax accounting and compliance records and participates as a team member in tax planning and tax audits. The incumbent must possess a broad knowledge of tax fundamentals and be familiar with ASC 740 to prepare analyses of the company’s income tax liabilities and related financial reporting for monthly, quarterly, and yearly reporting deadlines. Additionally, the Tax Analyst will become familiar with CF operations in order to assist with federal and state income tax audits and provide expertise and guidance regarding tax issues.
- Prepares financial tax accruals and analysis of financial account activity related to the Company’s income tax liabilities and financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis in accordance with ASC 740. Maintains the documentation with respect to the Company’s SOX Controls related to taxes.
- As required, researches and makes recommendation for the implementation of accounting guidance with respect to accounting for income taxes.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statement disclosures related to income taxes.
- Maintains the tax accounting software system (OneSource Tax Provision or “OTP”) which acts as the Company’s primary resource for the recordation and documentation of income taxes.
- Liaises with other personnel in the Department (including the International Tax Group) to ensure that transactions are properly recorded in the global tax accounts of the Company.
- Acts as the Company’s representative in periodic meetings with the Controller’s Accounting Department as to the details of the Company’s tax accounts.
- Assists in the preparation and timely filing of corporate income, and other statutory required filings, as time permits.
- Performs other duties and assists other tax staff members as required.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal control deficiencies.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent), an advanced degree in taxation desired.
- Certified Public Accounting certificate preferred.
- Three plus years of accounting experience, which includes the equivalent of at least three years of tax related experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be PC literate within a Windows environment and have strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Strong working knowledge of OneSource Tax Provision software desired.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member in a deadline-oriented environment.
Approximately 5% travel to various facilities is required.
Incumbents in this position routinely interact with accounting staff and supervisors, internal and external auditors and must be able to represent the Tax Department and the Company in those interactions.
Emphasis is placed on proper tax compliance through periodic and year-end reporting as well as administration of major projects within the tax function. This includes review and analysis of financial data, identification of tax issues and maintenance of the OTP system.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.