Sr. Financial Analyst – Corporate FP&A
Deerfield, Illinois, United States of America
About CF Industries:
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you’ll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You’ll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy.
AG0184 Analysis,Forecasting & Budgets, Exempt
Finance & Accounting
The Senior Financial Analyst for the Financial Planning and Analysis Department will support the forecasting activities and management reporting analysis, improving the processes and analyses to gain further insights into company performance and operational efficiencies. The incumbent develops and maintains financial models supporting financial performance, operational performance, and ad-hoc analyses.
- Provides a key role in the preparation, analysis and communication of monthly forecasts, annual budgets and long-range plans, including capital expenditures, manufacturing operating plans, and management presentations
- Manages the review of major driver forecast information across the organization, while summarizing results of assumptions obtained and financial impact analysis throughout legal entity structure
- Develops complete financial statements, including subsidiary earnings statements, and provides comparisons and variance analyses
- Prepares reports for management review and Board presentations
- Works with all data contributors to improve planning and forecasting process updates in an effort to enhance analysis of business drivers
- Advocates for continuous system improvement in order to increase efficiencies and enhance understanding of reporting and planning process at all levels of the organization
- Assists other department personnel with the preparation, analysis, review and other aspects of financial updates
- Provides recommendations and assists with periodic implementations of changes to formal policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
Successful incumbents will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP and FASB pronouncements, along with strong grasp of income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow financial statements
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience in F,P&A or accounting
- Substantial experience in computer-based budgeting and financial modeling
- Experience with SAP BPC and/or Oracle Smartview systems a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office (specifically advanced in Excel & Powerpoint)
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals throughout the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline-oriented environment
The Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis must be able to function as a team player in a deadline oriented environment. The role requires an incumbent that is driven with strong upward mobility. The incumbent must be able to understand the economic structure of CFI’s manufacturing and distribution systems and their impact on CFI’s financial statements.
The role establishes and implements processes and procedures to meet departmental internal controls requirements; and ensures that established processes/procedures are followed as designed. Works with Internal Controls Department to identify deficiencies in existing processes/procedures, the need for new ones, and the extent to which such processes/procedures are being followed. Develops and implements corrective actions with regard to department internal controls as necessary.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.