We are looking for an Business Recycling Specialist to help businesses reduce costs and improve environmental performance by implementing waste management programs such as recycling, reuse, food recovery and composting. The Business Recycling Specialist educates the business representatives and motivates them to implement the recommendations to divert waste from disposal.
- Conducts assessments of customer location(s) virtually and/or in person and develops recommendations. Calculates tonnage of waste diversion and related cost savings as applicable.
- Maintains regular contact with customers to field questions and ensure project success.
- Maintains ongoing relationships with customers and industry partners for future opportunities. Builds and maintains relationships with relevant contacts throughout the waste diversion marketplace.
- Manages numerous projects simultaneously. Remains up to date on the progress of all projects and deliverables. Tracks and records project information and data in appropriate platforms.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of technologies, marketplace conditions, and strategies that may be beneficial to customers in improving the waste diversion programs at their facility.
- Deliver presentations at workshops and conferences virtually and in person as needed.
- Provides input and feedback on technical content for resources.
- Travels frequently throughout Northeast and other states as required.
What We Offer
This is a full-time salaried non-exempt position. The Center for EcoTechnology offers excellent benefits including vacation, holiday, and personal/sick time; medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; disability insurance; and a retirement plan with a company match. We cultivate a friendly and supportive environment to help us achieve our mission impact goals.
What You Offer
Minimum 5-10 years’ experience working in field related to waste diversion, with 1-3 years of commercial experience. Experience with selling technical services preferred, with the ability to close on projects. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make skillful presentations and connect with diverse audiences. Traveling throughout assigned region required. If working remotely, must have high speed internet and a work space free from distractions.
Must have excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work with multiple programs and deliverables. Must have the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision as well as work collaboratively as part of a team. Ability to track and report results. Work style should be flexible, reliable, self-directed, an excellent listener and have a strong work ethic.
You should live in the Northeast and travel through the region will be required. You must have a valid drivers’ license and access to a reliable, insured vehicle. Remote employees must have high speed internet access and a working location free from distractions and interference during business hours.
The Center for EcoTechnology works with partners throughout the country to address climate change by transforming the way we live and work – for a better community, economy, and environment. For more than 40 years, our innovative non-profit organization has offered practical solutions to save money, increase the health and comfort of our homes, and help businesses perform better. From 2020-2022, our goal is to help 115,000 people and businesses and save enough energy to power 35,000 homes for a year!
CET is an equal opportunity employer and provider. Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. You may include military service assignments and any verified work performed on a volunteer basis.
Apply for This Job
Link to this job
Located in the Northeast including, Massachusetts