At Catalyze, we’re on a mission to accelerate the nationwide transition to clean, renewable energy. If you’re passionate about creating a meaningful impact on one of the greatest challenges of our time, we want you on our team!
We are seeking an experienced Director of Procurement with expertise in sustainability, renewable energy supply chain development and management for our commercial and industrial solar, community solar, EV charging, and energy storage installations across multiple U.S. markets.
- A metrics-driven, results-oriented procurement leader seeking an opportunity to develop and manage a sustainable, streamlined, high quality, and cost-effective supply chain function in a fast-paced growth company
- Relentlessly detail and process driven while being adept at collaboration, negotiation, problem solving, and securing optimal outcomes for all stakeholders
- Skilled in developing plan sets and complex spreadsheets
- A direct and articulate communicator who strives to build strong relationships with your colleagues based on mutual respect
- Build and lead the Catalyze Procurement Department
- Develop, communicate, and implement a sustainable, centralized procurement policy, business plan, and strategy that establishes short- and long-term goals to promote and support the achievement of Catalyze’s ESG objectives while adding value, efficiency, and effectiveness to the organization
- Develop best-in-class procurement strategies to reap maximum value across each project in the portfolio and to drive down the levelized cost of solar and storage
- Lead complex transactions that feature multiple supply, integration, construction, and O&M contracts
- Be responsible for an annual services spend exceeding $100 million
- Drive and support best-in-class global sourcing of operations & maintenance services with an understanding of the commercial implications of equipment warranties, performance guarantees, and operational requirements
- Work cross-organizationally to ensure that alternate contracting strategies are considered at the earliest stages of technical specification, and that commercial factors are fully evaluated in early-stage negotiations and project development decisions
- Work closely with Asset Management, Engineering, Finance, Legal and other functions to ensure the development of an integrated approach to contracting and the negotiation of contracts – including provision for appropriate terms & conditions
- Serve as an internal consultant, collaborating across the organization to drive responsible and sustainable procurement by:
- carrying out competitive, environmental, regulatory and normative monitoring (for example, ISO 26000 and ISO 24000);
- conducting supplier surveys and developing sourcing, quality, and traceability approaches; and
- supporting operational divisions with decision-making that adheres with Catalyze’s pre-determined ESG and sustainability commitments
- Establish, implement, and manage procurement policies, procedures, and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organizational value and efficiency
- Oversee contract development and administration; develop bids and proposals, process purchase orders, review invoices, and reconcile discrepancies
- Identify, measure, and monitor action plan indicators identified in the sustainable procurement policy
- Serve as the primary contact for procurement-related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation, and cross-departmental alignment
- Develop and implement procurement-related training programs for the Procurement team and organization
- Meet regularly with appropriate departments to gain understanding and/or secure recommendations to enhance policies and procedures; develop, communicate, and implement new/revised policies, procedures, and programs as needed
- Develop, communicate, and administer Procurement team performance and development plans and appraisals
What You Bring to the Team:
- Experience with a solar power developer or an “asset heavy” organization with a large CAPEX expenditure is ideal
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in purchasing, procurement, building vendor programs based on supplier collaboration, compliance; sustainable procurement or logistics highly preferred
- 3+ years of management and leadership experience
- Renewable energy industry experience required; solar experience highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of market conditions in the renewable energy industry
- Expert networking, negotiation, data collection and analysis, and critical thinking skills
- Strong knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Six Sigma or similar certification a plus
- Expert in the use of G-Suite products, including Google Docs, Forms, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, and Drive; experience with comparable MS Office products will be considered
- Proficiency documenting, tracking metrics, and generating reports in an enterprise-level CRM; Salesforce highly preferred
- Strong fact-finding, drafting, writing, and research skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, as well as impeccable attention to detail, strong sense of ownership, and accountability
- Experience managing competing expectations, being nimble, prioritizing effectively, and working independently with minimal supervision
What Catalyze Brings to You:
- Opportunity to play a significant role in transforming the energy industry
- Growth and development
- An extremely flexible environment where your voice, thoughts, and ideas will be heard
- Excellent benefits (company-paid and voluntary): Health / Dental / Vision / Life / AD&D / STD / LTD / AFLAC / Pet / Legal / Commuter / 401(k) with Company Match / Paid Time Off and more!
Where You Will Work:
- Our office in Marlborough MA
- Other locations may be considered
Target Comp Range:
- $125,000 to $140,000 base salary, depending on experience and location, plus bonus
Catalyze is a renewable energy developer and independent power producer (IPP) that partners with medium-to-large commercial and industrial real estate groups and renewable energy developers. We increase property net income and tenant value with renewable, resilient, smart energy infrastructure including solar, storage, electric vehicle charging, and microgrids.
We uniquely enable our customers to use that increased income as a competitive advantage to expand their property portfolios. Our proprietary origination-to-operations platform supports our partners with optimal site identification and acquisition, energy load estimation, system design, project finance, and asset management.
We believe that when people feel safe and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to the team, it brings out their best and strengthens our company as a whole. This is why we’re dedicated to creating a truly inclusive workplace – one that values and promotes diversity and fosters an empowered workforce—allowing all employees, from any background or level of the company, to succeed in their jobs.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and value the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.