Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
Internship – Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
Locations will vary among the following sites:
- Somerset, New Jersey
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Morrisville, NC
- St. Petersburg, Florida
- Kansas City, Missouri
Catalent’s Summer Internship Program
A Catalent internship offers you countless opportunities to have direct impact on the health and well-being of millions of people globally! Your passion for learning coupled with Catalent’s superior technologies will help drive the advancement of medicine in collaboration with leading pharmaceutical, biotech and health care innovators.
The Catalent Internship Experience includes:
- Opportunity to make an impact in the lives of patients all over the world!
- Experience through hands-on projects that support more superior drug development and delivery technologies than anyone else
- Exposure to top-tier scientists and industry leaders
- Commitment from dedicated managers and mentors who are advocates for your success and career development
- Access to collaborative and highly engaged colleagues across the globe excited to share their knowledge and provide you support.
The Environmental, Health, and Safety Interns
Our Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Department manages and continuously improves Catalent’s Health and Safety Programs in adherence to all Federal, State, and local requirements and company policies, strategies, initiatives, and goals. Examples of these programs include, but are not limited to: Industrial Hygiene, Fire Prevention, Emergency Evacuation, Property Conversation, Ergonomics, Energy Conservation, Wastewater Management, and Water Conservation.
An intern in EH&S will be expected to partner with managers, supervisors, and employees to minimize occupational health and safety risks by learning and teaching specific safe work habits while driving a behavior-based safety program. We are looking for candidates who demonstrate natural leadership abilities, exude confidence, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to influence in a positive way. Additional responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the development, improvement, and management of EHS Management Systems for the Catalent sites
- Updating, developing, or conducting EHS training
- Perform job safety analyses/risk assessments
- Responding to various incidents
- Leading and participating with the safety committee to develop metrics for site inspections and audits
- Other duties as assigned
In order to be eligible for the Environmental, Health, and Safety Internship position at Catalent, you must meet the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited College or University
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student in Bachelor or master’s degree in Environmental, Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering
- Eligible to legally work in the United States
- Able to work full time (40 hours/week) for a 10–12-week period over the summer
- Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-15 pounds.
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.