West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Manager, Risk Management
Do you like working in the spotlight? Are you ready to work on the front line of a top 10 Bank? Can you build relationships as well as develop and implement innovative solutions? As a member of the Commercial Real Estate (CRE) team within the Commercial Risk office, you’ll be challenged to shape the risk mitigation strategy for CRE. You’ll work with various stakeholders to identify unmitigated risks and assist with opportunities to strengthen the control environment to reduce risks for the business while building lasting partnerships.
Risk Managers at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company.
- Leverage problem solving and integrated thinking skills to develop and focus efforts to manage risk
- Perform assessments on critical business processes to proactively identify potential risks to the business and work with key stakeholders to develop and drive solutions that remediate risks
- Work with CRE Partners to ensure processes remain well-managed; assist in the development and implementation of associated controls and risk practices
- Gather, report on, and analyze data to support governance processes
- Track issues and support complex issues management
- Manage, implement, and deliver on a subset of program deliverables
- Liaise with CRE Partners and functional stakeholders such as Compliance, Operational Risk Management, and Audit to support risk management activities
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of Financial Services Risk Management experience
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience
- At least 5 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- At least 5 years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs in Risk
- At least 3 years of Financial Services Risk Management experience
- PMP Certification or Masters Certificate of Project Management (CPM)
- Ability to set direction, manage expectations and lead cross-functional teams
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Job Category – Risk Management