Full Job Description
Cambridge Investment Research Inc., one of the nation’s top independent broker-dealers, is actively looking for a person who has a passion for assisting and coordinating with financial professionals to join the Fiduciary Services Department as a full time Advisory Solutions Consultant. The Advisory Solutions Consultant works under the direction of the Fiduciary Services leadership.
At Cambridge, our purpose is to make a difference in the lives of our financial professionals, their investing clients, and our associates. Our values of integrity, commitment, flexibility, and kindness continue to guide us in the decisions we make together every day. For 40 years we’ve delivered innovative financial solutions while offering exciting career opportunities with ongoing professional development.
A national leader as a financial solutions firm, Cambridge’s commitment to long-term professional development in a unique small-town community makes this a one-of-a-kind opportunity. Cambridge has been honored 10 times by our associates as a ‘Top Workplace in Iowa’, and 13 times as ‘Broker-dealer of the Year’ by our financial professionals through Investment Advisor magazine. We are recognized among the leading firms in the financial advice industry as we serve over 3,700 independent financial professionals and hundreds of thousands of their investing clients across the country.
The Advisory Solutions Consultant works under the direction of the Fiduciary Services leadership and consults on aspects of the daily function and activities in the department.
- Consult with internal and external customers, provide guidance on asset management, other product offerings and sponsor companies, and gather feedback regarding needs, perceptions and general comments regarding internal asset management platforms and Cambridge technology offerings to foster long-term relationships
- Provide customer service related to Fiduciary Services and supply information as needed at request of management, company associates, and financial professionals
- Act as a primary contact for all operational and service activities related to departmental systems; interfacing with outside vendor(s); and providing information and reports related to departmental systems upon request
- Collaborate internally to promote opportunities and deliver best practices to enable financial professionals to operate compliantly and efficiently with our sponsor companies
- Administer training on Cambridge technology, processes, procedures, and paperwork requirements to ensure that financial professionals and internal associates adhere to internal and external policies and procedures
- Deliver professional presentations and both formal and informal trainings during teleconference or occasional in-person session including offsite presentations
- Perform maintenance of the system and the administrative files contained within and proactively research ways to improve the system
- Maintain working knowledge of company and product information in order to interface and trouble-shoot product related issues with the company’s clearing firms, custodians and technology vendors
Education & Experience:
Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.