Pulled from the full job description
Employee stock purchase plan
Paid time off
Full Job Description
We are CalAmp, a connected intelligence company that gives people the ability to track, monitor and recover their vital assets with real-time visibility and insights.
Currently, we are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst with at least 3 years of experience, based in Irvine, CA. This is an exciting opportunity for those who align with our core values (Inclusion, Innovation, Execution, Customer Success) and for those who desire to build, sell, and/or support connected solutions and services.
We proudly offer the stability and security of an established publicly traded tech company yet nurture and embody an entrepreneurial spirit. We give our people excellent compensation packages, an extensive suite of medical and retirement benefits, a flexible paid time off policy, accommodating work schedules, an employee stock purchase plan, continued education assistance & training programs, support for personal wellness, and company sponsored philanthropic opportunities.
- Analyze monthly and quarterly financial statements to identify trends and explain sequential period and YoY variances in revenues, margins, expenses and balance sheet amounts
- Design and build financial models to support vertical business decisions. Analyze historical data and project results based on assessment of trends and current growth initiatives. Structure and extract data from multiple source systems to support models
- Special projects and ad hoc analyses
- Support finance and cross-functional process improvement initiatives to help the business scale
- High proficiency in Excel including advanced functions, and ability to build financial models in a timely manner, strong working knowledge of Power Point and Word
- Experience with SaaS companies is a plus
- Experience in a public company environment preferred
- Strong analytical ability and attentive to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills, with ability to establish action plans, handle multiple tasks and priorities, and meet deliverables on time
- Ability to work in a matrix organization structure with tactful persistence and tenacity
- Not satisfied with the status quo; actively seeks opportunities for continuous process improvement
- 3-5 years of experience in financial planning and analysis roles
- Background in data visualization and reporting and experience with third-party tools (experience with Tableau preferred)
- High proficiency in Excel including advanced functions, and ability to build financial models in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required; MBA or CPA strongly preferred