Full Job Description
SaaS Product Manager
Job Category: Project and Program Management
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: None
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: None
Type of Travel: None
What You’ll Get to Do:
The SaaS Product Manager oversees a team of process analysts, technical writers, requirements analysts and SaaS tool SMEs evaluating, prototyping and deploying new SaaS Tools. In this role you will act as your clients’ trusted advisor in leading the overall vision, strategy, roadmap, and prioritization for a specific digital product, or products. You will collaborate with clients undertaking SaaS tool analysis of alternatives based on client business, end-customer needs, and then constantly deliver value with fast increment cycles.
The customer has identified an immediate SaaS tool priority including the evaluation and implementation of Atlassian JIRA/Confluence tool suite.
More About the Role:
- Partner with client(s), vendors, and architects to frame business goals and value pools from which we can shape product propositions that provide transformative business outcomes and customer experience
- Develop product vision, strategy, market research to compare and contrast SaaS tools
- Represent client in ideation workshops with cross-functional leaders where you identify new ideas, customer needs, pain points, and solution options
- Develop solution hypotheses iteratively, based on user research, and industry and market trend analysis
- Establish customer journey mapping to guide product development; then validate that learning with user testing
- Translate product vision into a roadmap containing well-defined, prioritized features that will realize the product vision and value
- Oversee implementation of SaaS tool prototyping and implementation leveraging SaaS tool SMEs
- Validate and present the business case to the C–level executives and lead business reviews to ensure the team prioritizes the right features
- Serve as a voice of the customer among the cross-functional team, always understanding the customer needs
- Establish objective goals for the product with success and acceptance criteria using meaningful metrics, KPIs, and quantifiable business outcomes
- Collaborate with product owners, solution managers, and cross-functional product managers, to ensure alignment towards the same program objectives
- Inspire, lead, and mentor, a high-performing team of Product Analysts to continually facilitate improvements in developing and enhancing best-in-class digital products and services
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Ability to attain DHS EOD
- BA + 10 years’ applicable experience, AA + 12 years’ applicable experience, MA + 7 years applicable experience or 16 years’ experience
- Demonstrated success creating digital SaaS products vision, strategy, experience, and enterprise solutions and services – from ideation to launch, including engineering and operational quality
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team on customer-focused products and services
- Previous experience in evaluating and deploying SaaS tools
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple demands and obtain buy-in from stakeholders
- Practice in workshop facilitation to cultivate the ideation
- Ability to define financials, ROI, KPIs, and forecasts, with success leveraging data to make decisions about product features
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- PMP or PgMP, Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before starting employment with CACI.