The Functional Finance Team is an integral part of the worldwide Finance organization, providing insight supported by meaningful and accurate financial information to help guide and influence the decision-making process. The team partners with the leadership of our Global Functions, senior finance management, and local, regional and global finance colleagues across the organization!
The person in this role will act as Finance Business Partner to our Legal, Risk, Data and OI functions within BCG, as well as support several of our cross-functional initiatives, such as ClientView, providing direct leverage to the Senior Manager who is the senior business partner for these functions.
You’ll provide decision support with respect to operating models, Agile Tribe activity, investments in change initiatives, financial planning, and developing innovative reporting to translate financial results into business impact. The role will build and maintain relationships with the management team, will take an active role in discussions at the senior firm leadership levels and will act as a thought partner to function leadership in establishing while managing certain KPIs, targets, and metrics.
The responsibilities of this role will also include
- Collaborating with Analysts to provide full day-to-day operational, reporting, analysis and financial planning support across the function
- Collaborating with management on business achievements and outcomes, and using innovative analysis on historical data to influence future business decisions
- Driving plan discussions going into plan review with executive firm leadership
- Coaching and mentoring of the team
- Challenging status quo and pushing for reporting automation and innovation, and operational improvement, simplification and optimization
Ideally you will bring experience and confidence that will help drive new ways of thinking and further improve our own financial maturity as a global function
YOU’RE GOOD AT
Building relationships will be critical to success in this role to establish a seat at the table as a true business partner. This will require the ability to balance when to listen, negotiate, and flex or push back where needed. Further, you will be looked at as the subject matter expert for all financial aspects of the function which you support, which will require you to be proactive in learning and understanding the business which you are supporting, so as to align our financials to the value and services that are being provided.
This role will require a confident person with exceptional judgment, who can make and influence decisions with senior management through ownership of the annual financial planning, cost trend analysis, business cases and portfolio management for investments, large scale transformations, etc. In order to drive educated decision making, you need a sound understanding of the bigger picture and an ability to prioritize.
Team management skills so as to balance overall business prioritization and individual role satisfaction, is also an important capability.
Ultimately this person will need to have a consultative approach to problem solving, working closely with stakeholders to understand the problem we are trying to solve, providing deep analysis, and offering viable solutions.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
• A minimum of 5 years related finance experience
• Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting/economics and/or a MBA preferred
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written, with the ability to adjust to multiple audiences and the confidence to present to and influence senior management
• A passion for working in a collaborative team environment
• Critical Thinking and problem solving – proven ability to work through complex problems and analyses in providing a thoughtful concrete solution
• Motivation and self-drive – excited by tackling challenges and pro-actively finding new ways to provide value to senior leadership
• Advanced Excel skills – experience building scalable financial models and analysing large data sets
• Advanced PowerPoint presentation experience with the ability to turn data into business insights
• Other strong system skills a benefit, such as knowledge of Tableau, Alteryx, Think-Cell
YOU’LL WORK WITH
We pride ourselves on a collaborative working environment, and utilize digital tools to foster that collaborative environment across a global company.
The Functional Finance team is currently made up of ~50 people across Boston and India working to provide financial decision support to BCG’s finance and operations management teams. Your key stakeholders will include functional managers and directors located across the globe and overseeing a portfolio of a variety of business services.
YOU’LL BE TRAVELLING
YOUR EMPLOYEE TYPE IS
YOUR JOB TYPE IS
Effective November 1, 2021, all new US hires must be fully vaccinated* or subject to a religious or medical exemption.
*two weeks after receiving the final dose of a WHO-approved COVID19 vaccine
WHO WE ARE
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible—and unlocking your potential to advance the world. Our team called Global Services (GS) provides corporate support to business areas such as Finance, Legal, HR, Marketing and IT. This diverse team of experts, operators and specialists represent all levels from Partner to entry level staff, operating across the globe in multiple countries. Global Services is in short, the backbone of BCG.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.