Associate Sourcing Area Head – US Marketing & Sales-2110278
To support the Sourcing Area Head with the implementation of the critical, long-term category strategies in the assigned area of responsibility in line with the overall BI Sourcing and business strategy to ensure continuity of supply, constantly increase productivity and optimize external spend in close collaboration with Business Partners (BP).
To own and lead decentralized categories according to the centrally stipulated Target Operating Model (TOM).
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies’ success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim’s high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the Sourcing Area Head with the implementation of overall category strategies of assigned area of responsibility.
- Bring market intelligence and potential innovation to BI.
- Identify savings potential and implement business opportunities.
- Build effective relationship management with local internal BP to analyze and leverage internal demand.
- Support goals considering the overall BI objectives.
- Oversee supplier’s relationship at local level.
- Coach team in building mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers to continuously improve performance or resolve potential issues at an early stage.
- Potentially lead and drive regional sourcing projects across Sourcing Areas.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required. Master’s Degree from an accredited institution preferred with a focus in Business Administration or Pharmaceutics preferred.
- Two to four (2-4) years of experience leading individual contributors
- Pharmaceutical industry knowledge strongly preferred
- Local Market expertise
- Local category-specific knowledge is preferred
- Core capabilities for this role include: Compliance, including due diligence; Supplier relationship and performance management; Delivering against commitments; Facilitating, moderating, persuading, and influencing; managing teams; problem solving and decision making
- Demonstrate experience in collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timeline.
- Strong project management skills, ability to influence and bring teams to consensus and agreement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Category knowledge of Marketing and Sales categories including Creative, Media, Digital, Market Research, Meetings and other Marketing related categories is strongly preferred.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.
– Purchasing/Sourcing/Supply Chain
– US-BI Pharma/BI USA