Full Job Description
ASSOCIATE – UNDERWRITER/STRUCTURER, GLOBAL TRADE SOLUTIONS (JOB NUMBER: TRA001166)
The Trade & Treasury Solutions division provides solutions to improve and optimize the working capital of financial institutions and corporate clients worldwide. This division encompasses four different businesses operating as a strategic unit to address core client needs:
- Global Trade Solutions is to provide clients with services and tailored solutions to mitigate risk in trade transactions, propose financing and optimize working capital management. The two main product groups are Traditional Trade and Working Capital optimization.
- Liquidity & Investment Advisory (LIA) is a product line responsible for increasing deposit volume and quality, by offering a full product continuum and a superior liquidity advisory service for the CIB corporate client base.
- International Cash Management provides solutions that enable our clients to manage and optimize their cash flows and liquidity worldwide by leveraging the BNP Paribas global network.
- Transaction Solutions for Banks supports the BNP Paribas global network and provides third-party financial institutions worldwide with comprehensive services to meet their domestic clients’ international payment and trade needs.
Reports to the Head of Structuring and Portfolio Management for GTS Americas, however on a day-to-day basis the person will work closely with the GTS Trade Managers supporting their Sales activities in the region. Responsibilities will span business across the Americas regional portfolio of new & existing business and will provide support in the following areas:
- Marketing support: Contribute to product development initiatives, identification of incremental sales opportunities, preparation of sector/client strategic plans, pitches, research / analysis of market trends within the trade finance industry.
- Structuring support: focusing on complex transactions – draft term sheets, propose / assess structuring features and collateral packages, run pricing / GRR (recovery rate) models.
- Credit: focusing on annual reviews or more complex transactions – prepare RWA (assets) return metrics for management’s green-light, write transaction support memo, manage the GTS interaction during the credit process jointly with the relevant Coverage team, and interface with Senior Credit Officers and Credit delegation holders to explain transactions.
- Execution: focusing on more complex transactions from credit approval to closing – complete all transaction execution tasks, i.e. negotiation of legal documentation, interaction with distribution & insurance colleagues, explanation of structure to Transaction Support, Middle Office, Operations, etc.
- Portfolio Management: Liaise with relevant functions to produce tools to monitor performance and risk indicators for all GTS-Americas portfolio activity across the region.
- Client interaction: The role will involve interaction with clients notably in the transaction execution phase.
- Understanding of accounting principles and financial statement analysis.
- Knowledge of profitability of international transactions.
- Experience of credit related legal documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign education equivalent required in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, International Affairs, or similar field.
- Minimum of 3-year experience in banking or financial services required.
- Good internal and external client service skills, including strong written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated expertise performing financial modeling, including scenario analysis of credit return metrics for portfolio management purposes.
- Demonstrated expertise preparing and delivering marketing presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Good understanding of Trade Finance and/or Working Capital Solutions products intended for clients across multiple industries with international activity.
- Self-starter, can work without direction.
- Resilient and committed – able to deliver within tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Team player.
- Good Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills.
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred but not required
FINRA Licenses Required:
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
: US-New York
: Standard / Permanent
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level: At least 3 years