Full Job Description
3 Times Square
Job Family Group:
Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
Provides a combination of deep industry sector expertise, innovative thinking in a team-based approach and world class execution across a full suite of products to clients through an integrated Capital Markets platform using a sector ecosystem approach. Collaborates to generate creative, client-focused solutions to prospective and current clients.
- Participates in deal teams to develop, present, and win mandates for new opportunities.
- Creates pitch books for clients with respect to financial solutions and participate in their presentation to clients.
- Monitors client, client industry, and regulatory agencies for potential changes that may affect client portfolio and business needs.
- Initiates contact with partners for new client sales.
- Directly manages a diverse portfolio of private and middle market companies with progression toward increasing client responsibility.
- Reviews and continually monitors performance of existing accounts and client relationships.
- Conducts due diligence (e.g. client visits, business model analysis, and comprehensively reviewing industry trends and related regulations).
- Identifies opportunities to diversify client portfolios.
- Identifies opportunities for increased efficiency and improved service to internal and external clients.
- Provides analytical findings to deal teams.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Creates financial models to analyze client portfolios and anticipate client needs.
- Uses financial analysis to proactively identify opportunities to cross-sell.
- Generates updated financial models / analyses as dictated by business needs and industry requirements.
- Analyzes/ assesses industry compilations.
- Applies appropriate technical concepts and completes/leads consistent and reliable technical and financial reports/analyses to support client deliverables.
- Understands the complexity of transactions and related risk (credit, market, operational, legal/compliance, etc.).
- Provides feedback on, and supports continuous improvement opportunities.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Provides direction and feedback to Analysts; accountable for development and mentoring of Analysts.
- Delivers financial modeling to support strategic recommendations to clients.
- Considers risk, internal controls and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 – 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An undergraduate degree with academic coursework in finance, economics, or accounting and an outstanding academic achievement.
- MBA degree preferred.
- 3+ years of investment banking or valuation experience at a financial analyst level.
- Knowledge of capital markets, investment banking products and applicable regulations.
- Credit analysis experience/ understanding.
- Good knowledge of the organizational portfolio management policies and objectives.
- Demonstrates solid deal/transaction execution and/or project management skills.
- Exceptional skills in quantitative analytics, financial modeling and credit analysis skills.
- Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills – In-depth.
- Influence skills – In-depth.
- Data driven decision making – In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.