Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence (“BI”) conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyze the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results. Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyze the data as well.
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven associate analyst to join Bloomberg Intelligence’s growing Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) team. You will be responsible for supporting the development of industry-leading ESG research, focusing on industry-specific issues as well as cross-sectoral themes. The role also requires the collection and management of ESG data to continually drive the enhancement of Bloomberg’s leading ESG platform and product offerings.
With Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and Sustainable Finance at the heart of Bloomberg’s global strategy, ESG focused teams now work across the organization in Global Data, Global Products and Global Research & Media. BI ESG team leverages Bloomberg’s differentiated platform, proprietary technology, data analytics, and culture of innovation – to deliver unique ESG and thematic insight and solutions to our clients.
In this role, you will be supporting the development of the BI ESG research franchise and also have the opportunity to contribute to broader ESG initiatives within Bloomberg and in the markets.
What’s in it for you:
You would be part of this expanding team and responsible for supporting research analysts in the US Research organization. The team and the associate analyst are responsible for generating insights, constructing data analysis and conducting investment research. The analysis will be based on company ESG data, industry leading data, Bloomberg’s data sets, financial models as well as issuer calls and announcements.
We’ll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Participate in the development of ESG research products, including but not limited to Bloomberg’s ESG Scores and BI’s Carbon Transition Scores.
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro ESG issues, themes and trends affecting industries
- Manage significant data analysis responsibilities as part of your day-to-day activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry and data professionals
- Work with other data and core business groups to help develop and enhance content and functionality across the terminal
- Interact with clients via our online messaging systems
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
You need to have:
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus or concentration in sustainability, finance or related degree
- 1-2 years experience in Environmental, Social and Governance research is essential
- Strong understanding of existing and emerging ESG reporting frameworks
- Ability to link performance on ESG issues to financial impacts on an industry and company basis
- Effective research and analysis skills
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at a time
- Ability to interact with clients within the financial industry
- Dedication to improving and developing products
- Existing relationships with primary research providers ideal
- An ability to meet deadlines, logically tackle problems and set priorities
- High attention to detail
We’d love to see:
- Proficient knowledge of companies and industries
- CFA, Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, MBA, or related discipline is a plus
- A high level proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Solid understanding of Financial Macro Development and knowledge of Python, SQL or VBA is beneficial
- Previous work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal. Let us know what your favorite functions are!
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! We’ll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/ (http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.