Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission.
We are looking for a Compensation and Benefits Sr Manager to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role will report to VP, HR Operations and will be based in San Jose, California.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage survey participation and submission, monitor and evaluate benchmark data, trend information and economic projections related to similar jobs in comparable industries, recommending changes as appropriate to maintain a competitive market position and internal equity
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition team to maintain a competitive market position and internal equity while making competitive offers to prospective new employees
- Conduct robust and meaningful analysis for management to use in making decisions related to compensation programs.
- Ad-hoc and comprehensive job studies
- Leveling and mapping job roles to our compensation structure
- Participate in the redesign and communication of new compensation infrastructure (career ladders, job leveling, base salary structure)
- Supporting annual compensation and bonus planning, including data preparation in close collaboration with the HRIS team (Workday)
- Facilitate compensation trainings and presentations for the company and HR Department throughout the year
- Supporting monthly new hire equity process
- Work closely with the HR Operations and Compliance team to create and support scalable, efficient and compliant processes
- Develop and implement market competitive US benefits programs that align with company Total Rewards strategy and scale for growth
- Keeps current on market trends, business challenges, and priorities by gathering competitive market data
- Oversee and project manage the annual open enrollment preparation and activities, including reviewing open enrollment materials and employee communications
- Actively manage benefits vendors relationships by reviewing performance and addressing opportunities for improvement on a timely basis.
- Oversee the day-to-day administration and maintenance of the plans to ensure flawless benefit administration and to support the Bloom Energy employee experience
- Evaluate current benefits and wellness programs and develop recommendations for consideration. Provide feedback regarding trends in employee concerns and issues
- Partners with internal business partners (e.g., Finance, Payroll, and HR) and external partners (e.g., consultants, vendors) to improve the administration of Bloom Energy’s programs
- Assist with plan and program compliance and legal requirements and provide day-to-day interpretation and problem resolution
- Remains current on all government regulations involving payroll and benefits, including Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, ERISA, HIPAA, ACA and other statutory regulations
- Supports the preparation of government filings such as form 5500 and Summary Annual Reports
Skills and Experience:
- Five plus years of Benefits experience including plan design, program management, vendor management, administration and communications
- Seven plus years of Compensation management experience:
- understanding of compensation fundamentals including job evaluation methodologies, market pricing, comp structures, pay ranges, comp auditing and reporting
- Experience managing compensation programs ( project managing, supporting HR partners as well as management, preparing and analyzing reporting)
- Excellent communication, project management and analytical skills.
- Bright, highly motivated, fun individual who thrives in a rapidly changing, fast paced organization
- Ability to prepare and deliver executive level presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative style to effectively build relationships with HR business partners, cross-functional teams, external vendors and any other key stakeholders
- High integrity with positive customer service orientation
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Experience working with Workday preferable
- Experience in international benefits and compensation is preferred.
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.