About this role
Digital Product Manager, US – Associate – iShares by BlackRock
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a best-in-class provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from fundamental and quantitative active management approaches seeking to deliver outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
We believe the future of ETF distribution is digital. As ETF adoption skyrockets around the world, we have an outstanding opportunity to shape how the investment industry will evolve. We are on a mission to transform iShares.com, to champion investor progress by creating the most trusted, valued and relevant digital experience. Are you with us?
We are building out a digital product management function, and we’re looking for a senior product manager to oversee some of our key US initiatives and activate on this opportunity.
As a product manager, you will be responsible for understanding the business priorities and our clients’ needs, bringing the two together to drive commercial success. This includes leading a cross-functional team to implement the strategy, roadmap, development, and activation of iShares.com – owning its overall success.
To deliver the product, you will work with a cross-functional team with some regional dispersion. Additionally, the structure of the business means you will operate in a matrixed fashion with multiple partner teams. As you develop and execute the strategy and roadmap you will need to skillfully solve for this complexity of users and partners and take people on the journey with you. Additionally, you will partner closely with other internal digital distribution groups to ensure we are bringing the best of the full BlackRock platform to clients.
As you build your understanding of our clients, you will identify other unmet client needs and opportunities for new digital products. In these cases, you will scope the business case, conceptualize and pitch these ideas.
You’ll be customer-first advocate who is a confident communicator, super organized, resilient and respectfully anti-bureaucratic.
- Be a product manager on our US iShares.com products, including the vision and strategy, and be the first point of contact for the business
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes, scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Communicate product strategy so internal partners understand what we are focused on and why
- Use deep customer insight to evolve the iShares websites to improve customer experience and develop new product propositions
- Help us implement good product management practice, including regular metric sharing
- Keep leadership up to date with the team’s progress and provide a realistic picture of what is achievable with the resources at hand
- Stay on top of the competitor landscape and make this a regular practice
- Coach the team to run at the problem in the right way, using the right discovery techniques and tools, and ensure our product team is delivering the right things, at speed
- Work with marketing, PR, and other business partners on promotional plans to ensure that strategies are coordinated
- Ensure that cross-functional processes are smooth and inbound requests, maintenance and critical issues are swiftly resolved
- Represent the firm and the product by visiting clients to solicit feedback, and be flexible to travel for client insights
Essential skills / experience
- 2+ of years experience owning the development of awesome digital products and propositions, leading all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to build excitement and consensus among the core team, our partner groups and executive management
- Ability to take complex customer and business problems, break them down in a clear, structured way and build novel, creative solutions that solve business and client needs
- Experience with using agile to build a transparent, inclusive and focused environment for teams of 5-10 designers, engineers, and SMEs to deliver their best work
- Proven track record driving an initiative to completion, making informed trade-offs as new information emerges and sweating the last 5% of the details that make a product our users love and our team is proud of
- Supremely organized and able to prioritize your time to have the greatest impact on the team and on our initiatives
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Flexible, collaborative, empathetic leader who doesn’t mind getting hands on when required to help the team
- Curiosity for our business, clients and mission