Manager, Procurement Programs #BRL-21-10790
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO’s diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation’s third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
Full-time (30+ hours)
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
ELMWOOD PARK , NJ 07407
Manager, Procurement Programs
Purchases goods or services for company projects and initiatives. Ensures employer obtains quality products for competitive prices in a timely fashion. Plays an integral role in ensuring the programs / projects stick to budget and operates profitably.
• Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs for the program
• Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
• Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
• Identifies and researches potential new suppliers
• Researches new products and services to meet company’s goals
• Assesses total costs of company purchases within the projects being managed.
• Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels tied to specific projects being procured for.
•Assisting in project management and deliverables of multiple projects & programs, varying in complexity, from beginning through implementation.
•Projects may impact multiple processes, systems, functions and products.
• Reports to the Director of Procurement Programs
Skills and Qualifications:
People Person, Good at Networking, Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills, Data Analysis, Superior Organizational Skills, Good Business Instincts, Mathematics Skills, Good Negotiator, Financial Analysis Skills, Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures, Logistics Skills, Strategic Planning Abilities, Knowledge of Supply Management Software (Database Management, Inventory Management, Financial Analysis, Point of Sale, Procurement, Project Management, and Enterprise Resource Planning, and General Office Programs), Specialized Industry Knowledge, Experience as a Procurement Clerk or Junior Buyer, Project Management
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Applied Science, or a Related Field, Especially Those Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS); or equivalent work experience with certification (such as Apex, Project Management, etc)
*responsibilities are subject to shift and change, with plan to be determined and discussed during final hiring manager interview*
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer