WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a person who is passionate about DEI and wants to make an impact in progressing our Global Specialty Business (GSB) DEI strategy and programs. You will work directly with our GSB leadership as well as our US DEI champions and colleagues to further define, shape and embed DEI into our ways of working and culture.
You must be able to influence, constructively guide others and collaborate with people of all levels throughout a broad organization. You should have experience building impactful strategies, measuring success, analyzing data, communicating a strategic vision, and identifying key areas of the business and structure for improvement with an emphasis on tracking progress.
On a day-to-day basis, you will own our GSB DEI plan and will be responsible for keeping DEI visible to our business and functional leaders to ensure progress is being made. The initial focus will be on further progressing our US focused racial equity efforts and will broaden to include our global DEI vision and programs. This will entail working across teams to ensure DEI is a critical element that enhances the experiences we provide to our candidates and employees. You will build and foster relationships across our BUs and teams to leverage best practices and programs to provide a One BCG experience to our colleagues.
Upfront, you will be an independent contributor working across teams to deliver results. Going forward the team will expand to support our global DEI agenda.
The right candidate will bring a strong understanding of DEI challenges and best practices to the table with a proven track record of driving efforts and leading projects that have sustainable impact. You will also need to be able to perform in a fast-paced, intellectually intense environment with a commitment to delivering exceptional business service.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
- Understanding the big picture, even when the work gets granular. Strong organizational skills are key, with an ability to handle, prioritize, and carry out multiple tasks independently. This role requires you to “roll up your sleeves” and play an active role to make change happen
- Strong project management skills to be able to help scope, manage and deliver efforts in a timely manner across a diverse stakeholder population. This role involves planning, driving, and ensuring completion of various DEI projects and initiatives.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. You will design ways to measure progress and play a critical role in analysis of metrics. Ability to balance qualitative and big picture impact alongside quantitative analysis is critical.
- Problem solving and forward thinking. We focus on root cause solutions to advance DEI at BCG. You will need to understand intersectional aspects of situations and design and apply solutions: acting on current needs, while having a vision for the future goals and roadmap.
- Building relationships and communicating with cultural adaptability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills plus cultural adeptness are a must. You should be comfortable influencing senior leaders and effectively tailoring your communications across all levels of our organization. You should model inclusive leadership and allyship in action and communication.
- Teaming and adaptability. You must be able to work and collaborate across the team to manage up, down and over without explicit reporting relationships. Managing collaboration and ambiguity when unforeseen circumstances arise is key.
- Working effectively in a global environment
- Initiative, creativity, a digital mind-set: should feel comfortable with new digital ways of “reading” data (e.g., Tableau) and with digital communications tools (e.g., Trello, Slack, etc.)
- Modeling integrity, upholding discretion, and demonstrating good judgment
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 8+ years of relevant work experience required; ideally in a project management role, some experience working in DEI, either initiatives or roles in the past
- Experience and/or strong knowledge of Human Resources, including talent and people development
- Consulting or professional services experience strongly preferred
- Experience with DEI best practices and demonstrated cultural/identity adeptness
- Relevant experience in change management and project management required – experience in culture change and people processes highly preferred
- Experience proactively taking initiative, collaboratively driving strategy, using good judgment to prioritize requests, and working with minimal direction
- A demonstrated ability to manage large, transformational projects and various stakeholders. Your skillset can flex between tactical process work and broader strategic thinking within your area(s) of focus
YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will work directly with our GSB HR Director for North America as well as our GSB global DEI Leader, global GSB BU leaders, US DEI champions and colleagues. In addition, you will also partner closely with our regional North America DEI Team and other teams across our region to share and leverage best practices while also creating a One BCG experience for our colleagues. Globally, you will work with our global GSB People Management Team, our business Unit Leaders and BCG’s Global DEI Director to further shape our DEI agenda and affect change.
Atlanta, Boston, Chicago
YOU’LL BE TRAVELLING
YOUR EMPLOYEE TYPE IS
YOUR JOB TYPE IS
Boston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.