About the Program
This competitive two-year fellowship offers the opportunity to train with the center’s nationally renowned faculty and staff who lead premier Clinical Ethics Consultation Services at adult, private hospital systems in the Texas Medical Center. In addition, the center’s faculty are heavily involved in national clinical ethics initiatives and training; and scholarly research and publication in clinical ethics.
Applications for this fellowship will be considered from professionals with a post-graduate degree in bioethics, medicine, nursing, religious studies, law, and other related fields. This fellowship offers a competitive stipend, excellent benefits, and opportunities for continued professional development. Upon completion of this fellowship, fellows will have the skills, training, and experience to make them competitive for positions in clinical ethics and academic bioethics.
- Comprehensive training in clinical ethics consultation including the opportunity to conduct ethics consultations for a high-volume clinical ethics consultation service at the Houston Methodist Hospital and its affiliates, including on-call duties
- Participation in biomedical ethics committee and subcommittee meetings
- Participation in activities related to our undergraduate and graduate medical curricula; including the award-winning Medical Ethics Pathway
- Preparation and delivery of presentations on clinical ethics-related topics for clinical audiences
- Opportunities for high quality collaborative ethics scholarship
- Participation in outcomes research related to clinical ethics consultation
- Faculty mentoring on educational development, teaching skills, and research
- Preparation for an active career as a clinical ethics consultant and scholar in clinical ethics and bioethics
- Terminal post-graduate degree (J.D., Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, working both independently and collaboratively to achieve mission goals and deadlines
- Strong presentation and teaching skills
Our 2022 Fellow Application is now open. Apply today!
If interested in learning more, register for our Online Informational Webinar. This is a great opportunity to ask questions of our current fellows and faculty.