Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer, you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
The Data Science intern will be working with the Analytics & Forecasting team within Bayer Consumer Health. Analytics & Forecasting is a collaborative multi-disciplinary Data Science team that works in the business’s predictive and prescriptive space. The team is tasked with analyzing and forecasting trends that help managers make optimized decisions ahead of time. We use statistical modeling, exploratory data analysis, data visualization, and machine learning to drive analytics-driven decisions.
The Data Science Intern will support the development and deployment of analytical models in statistical Forecasting, marketing analytics, automation platforms, and Machine Learning. This role will work with the Manager, Analytics & Forecasting, receiving oversight and training in analytical tools, programs, and databases. The position is targeted to contribute strategic value to CH and brand business success related to analytically derived insights and decisions.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Data Science Intern – Summer 2022, are to:
Develop and deploy models to forecast sales of products within the Bayer Consumer Health portfolio.;
Work with cross-functional teams to implement and deploy models and improve analytical solutions by providing data-driven recommendations.
- Communicate complicated technical topics and nuanced insights to diverse audiences;
- Write data pipelines to convert raw data into aggregated data that can be used as signals;
Automate data pipelines by doing ETL in cloud data systems such as Snowflake;
Break traditional patterns of thought by generating and recognizing imaginative, workable solutions to business situations and problems;
Review sales performance, key initiatives, and new item launches with brand and customer teams to ensure that robust plans are executed.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or any other Quantitative discipline;
- Graduating in December 2022 or later;
- Strong knowledge of and experience with databases (SQL, etc.) and strong programming knowledge in Python;
- Experience with exploratory data analysis, data visualization, statistical analysis, and machine learning model development and deployment
- Demonstrated experience with leading machine learning tools and libraries;
- Advanced computer literacy skills are required, specifically Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience or understanding of common ML-Ops patterns;
- Experience with full stack development;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in the application of syndicated databases (IRI, Nielsen, and LiveRamp);
- Previous experience working with cloud-based data and analytics platforms, standard business intelligence dashboards, and data enrichment techniques;
- Expertise in deriving insights from extensive data analyses to solve business and technical problems;
- Robust analytical capabilities across a variety of data sources and platforms with the ability to translate into action-minded recommendations.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: On September 9, 2021, President Biden announced a six point COVID-19 action plan. As follow up to the initial announcement, the government has shared more details about the federal contractor guidance, including that colleagues who work for businesses that perform certain federal contracts are required to be fully vaccinated by Dec. 8, 2021. As a federal contractor, Bayer must follow and implement the federal vaccination requirements. This requirement applies to all current and future Bayer employees working in Consumer Health, Pharmaceuticals and Enabling Functions supporting either of the divisions, effective 12/8/21. Currently, Crop Science (CS) colleagues, and Enabling Function colleagues who exclusively support Crop Science, are exempt from this requirement. Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to any qualified individual who because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice receives an exemption from the vaccination requirement, provided that such accommodation would not result in an undue hardship for the company.