Pulled from the full job description
Health savings account
Employee stock purchase plan
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Employee assistance program
Full Job Description
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
You will be the direct finance business partner for the US Advanced Surgery organization as well indirect partner to Advanced Surgery leadership for the Americas OUS, APAC and EMEA regions!
The position has direct accountability and financial oversight for the ~600M US business and ~$1.0B vertically integrated global business. You will also be directly responsible for execution on the GBUs inorganic growth strategy through acquisition, which includes comprehensive deal modeling and leading financial integration workstreams.
Major Responsibilities / Activities:
Provide comprehensive business decision support on portfolio strategy and investment prioritization
- Develop financial models for investment opportunities to grow both the US and global businesses and provide recommendations
- Partner cross functionally with Sales and Marketing teams, Integrated Supply Chain, Commercial Operations, among others, to understand the category and contract landscape to challenge/validate business assumptions and establish and deliver upon performance targets
- Work closely with GBU President and Region VPs on developing presentations for the company’s CFO, CEO and Board of Directors
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities, mitigation actions and communicate their implications
Design, lead and implement a comprehensive business planning process, including regular Forecast cycles, Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Long Range Plan (LRP)
- Lead a cross-functional collaboration to develop the US Forecast, Plan and LRP, as well as support and consolidate OUS submissions
- Develop clear timelines, responsibilities and deliverables across the multi-regional and multi-functional inputs for the Global Advanced Surgery requirements
- Ensure timely and accurate Cognos submission across the various system platforms
- Develop clear and concise presentation materials for executive management
- Collaborate closely with Global FP&A and regional and functional leads regarding processes and requirements
- Identify and implement operational improvements and efficiencies, using technology and automation
Accountable for the successful period financial close and delivering on post-close reporting requirements.
- Partner closely with Accounting COEs and Shared Service Centers in all 3 regions to ensure accounting accuracy, including preparing various journal entries to the G/L
- Full PnL management reporting across all regions
- Prepare materials and variance analysis for monthly/quarterly results reviews (MRR/QRR) with senior leadership
- Measure and recommend improvements for forecast accuracy
Lead cross-functional efforts on BD opportunities and business integrations, including Microsurgery ERP migration:
- Target identification and deal modelling, Due diligence, Closing transactions & Integration
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- CA, CPA or MBA Finance designation
- Minimum 4 years relevant Finance Experience
- Proven strength in managing direct reports
What’s in it for you:
- Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays & Flexible WFH opportunities
- Dress for your day policy
- Monthly Work/Life Balance Seminars
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance coverage immediately upon hire
- Retirement Savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for Health and Dependent Care & Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health, family, financial and legal supports
- Additional benefits include discounts on: Adoption Assistance, Educational Assistance, Premium Access to Headspace, Business Resource Groups, Motorcycle Insurance, wedding insurance, Identity theft protection, pet care plans, childcare, travel, Blackhawk tickets & more!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law – Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.