Entry Level Project Accountant (Design Group)
- Barry Wehmiller Design Group
- Sacramento, CA 95814
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
As part of the Design Group financial team, the Project Accountant will provide project finance support, oversight and analysis focused specifically with supporting the local offices and region.
- Ensuring appropriate project set-up according to Finance guidelines.
- Reviewing Project Manager project forecasts and entering the finalized version into EMS, ensuring that project revenues and margins are accurately reflected in the system.
- Reviewing and analyzing project forecast variances.
- Preparing and reviewing client invoices and issuing them accurately & timely according to the client agreement to ensure positive project cash flow.
- Working with the client, project team, and A/R to ensure timely collection on invoices.
- Analyzing project risks & proactively identifying profitability opportunities.
- Issuing purchase orders, verifying the financial terms, budget, and verbiage.
- Tracking project labor & expenses, and updating the project team on any variations from the budget.
- Auditing and tracking T&E to ensure compliance with time & expense policies.
- Adhering to and ensuring compliance with specific client agreements, billing policies, internal financial policies, and other firm policies.
- Provide on-going communication to the project teams and Finance regarding all significant client/project financial matters. Including the participation in monthly project review meetings with Finance leadership.
- Provide financial support to the Finance leadership during month-end close.
- Provide financial support on new and active proposals and ensure proposal system is updated with the latest information.
- Provide financial training support to the local offices and help ensure they are educated on and following the established financial processes and policies.
- Work as part of the Design Group Finance team to improve financial processes and communications across the firm.
- The ideal candidate will have between 3+ years of relevant financial or accounting experience.
- Advanced Excel skills are required.
- Working knowledge of procurement: equipment & services a plus.
- Knowledge of financial practices, principles, processes, and systems, preferably in a corporate environment.
- Good interpersonal skills. Work well with teams and have strong organizational & communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative with the commitment and ability to meet monthly closing and project deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration is strongly preferred, but not required based on work experience.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.