Full Job Description
Barcodes, Inc. is North America’s leading integrator of barcode, mobile computing, point-of-sale and RFID products and solutions. Launched in 1994, Barcodes provides, integrates and supports IT solutions that focus on enterprise automation and workforce mobility. These solutions enable organizations to capture and manage data about their assets, people and transactions to improve productivity and provide an enhanced customer experience. We market to and support new and existing customers through our industry-leading website, barcodesinc.com.
Due to tremendous growth, we are looking to add a Vice President Inside Sales accountable for the profitable achievement of revenue, gross profit, and development of the Inside Sales team. As a member of the Leadership Team, the Vice President Inside Sales will have direct influence over Barcode, Inc.’s continued growth and success by ensuring our short and long-term revenue and profit expansion.
- Establish a team culture that is grounded in Barcodes three core values: Responsiveness, Resourcefulness, and Respectfulness.
- Deliver and achieve the annual sales plan for the Inside Sales Team including revenue, profit, and strategic objectives.
- Establish operational benchmarks, timelines, resources and budgets needed to achieve strategic goals.
- Effectively hire, develop, and lead a competent and diverse sales team.
Sales Strategy and Performance**
- Implement or optimize sales processes, structures, and rigor that result in improved sales team performance, flexibility, and timely reporting
- Responsible for leading and managing a high-performing inside sales team covering the markets we serve
- Leads accurate and timely forecasting efforts of inside sales team
- Coordinates the involvement of sales support personnel and / or leadership to ensure customers’ expectations are met
- Works with executive leadership team to ensure strategic and business objectives are met by the inside sales team
- Establish and develop strong vendor partner relationships to ensure Barcodes, Inc. is the partner of choice
- Penetrate large accounts at the C-Level to maximize the value of new and existing relationships
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer requirements and satisfaction by engaging key customer accounts in conjunction with sales personnel managed
- Provides an executive-level point of contact for key customers. Builds and maintains strong customer relationships
- Accurate insight into the competitive landscape, including detailed assessments of key competitors, including why opportunities are won or lost
- Establishes productive relationship with marketing based on frequent communication, collaboration, and the effective allocation of marketing investment
Leadership and Team Development**
- Willing to act as a player/coach and can initiate and close deals and play a hands-on role in the creation of these opportunities
- Identifies deficiencies in skills of management team members, and works to improve individual’s capabilities through coaching, development, and training
- Hires and develops sales managers, utilizing company human resources guidelines and support resources
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives
- Positively impacts the performance of individual sales management team members by implementing and managing sales and sales support tools, including training programs, productivity initiatives, account and territory planning methodologies, and customer communication tools
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Delivers the annual sales plan including: revenue, profit, and strategic objectives
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of all customer related initiatives among inside sales personnel
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of company support resources in the customer base
- Implements effective coaching and development of direct reports
- Reports to the General Manager & Executive Vice President Sales
- Leadership of ~85 people in the United States
- Works closely with Customer Service and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction, and high levels of sales support
- 12 years of successful sales experience
- 7 years of sales leadership of large teams across multiple locations, products, and services
- Exceptional executive leadership, coaching, and motivational skills and a track record of hiring extraordinary talent
- Expert level use of sales KPIs to drive the business forward
- High degree of financial acumen and strong business management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with a commitment to collaborate with people
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations