New York, NY
As a Barclays Business Analyst, you will help drive the platform’s development forward. This role is responsible for communicating with trading and other stakeholders, working with developers and project managers to translate their requirements into plans. You will be involved in requirements analysis, software design, configuration, and testing activities across several high impact projects. This position works closely with the developers, architects and project managers across all regions.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We’ve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Managing stakeholder engagement and business analysis across a range of projects, as agreed with the application managers and the business
• Managing documentation related to business requirements and specifications
• Leading testing activities within the overall test plan for each project
• Running and/or participating in daily stand-up or scrum meetings as appropriate for each project
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft tools, especially Excel
• Background working in Finance, or other area with a significant focus on numerical data
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in investment banking, especially in markets
• Experience working with financial market risk data
• Knowledge of Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange trading and products
• Good understanding of the uses of databases and other tools for numerical analysis, with a working knowledge of SQL
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.