This role is regulated by FINRA.
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & UK Financial Conduct Authority – Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Environmental, Social and Governance Analyst you will join a global team within Global Research with the goal of integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations and driving thought leadership across Barclays research. This role will allow you to demonstrate your subject matter expertise and drive the research agenda, whether that be across sustainability or corporate governance. ESG is a rapidly growing area and will provide excellent career progression opportunities.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We’ve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting Barclays’ global research teams in integrating material ESG considerations into their fundamental research
- Leveraging personal subject matter expertise to inform research reports and drive the research agenda, co-publishing with research teams across all asset classes globally
- Collaborating within the ESG Team and across the research department to support a coherent and consistent approach to ESG integration and marketing
- Joining client marketing as subject matter expert as appropriate and when required
- Communicating with the ESG Team and across the research department on frequent bases
- Presenting views to key clients via meetings, phone calls and conferences as and when required
- Servicing Barclays’ clients through bespoke projects as and when required
- Contributing intellectually to team and department debates and discussions around markets and themes
What we’re looking for:
- Degree Educated / Subject Matter Expert in at least one of the following areas: corporate sustainability/ESG Integration
- Understanding of sustainability landscape; social justice, human rights, diversity/inclusion; forensic accounting, Governance/ESG; corporate governance / stewardship (proxy voting)
- Research and analytical skills incl. excellent Excel, writing skills, and valuation skills
- Demonstrate both accuracy and timeliness and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and self-starter with ability to prioritise despite conflicting demands on time
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Exceptional quantitative aptitude and qualitative reasoning coupled with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm, energy, willingness to work in a goal-oriented team and cultural fit are very important
- Good presentation skills / client interaction skills
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.