As a Barclays Macro Business Oversight Compliance Assistant Vice-President, you will provide day-to-day advisory compliance support to the US Rates and FX Businesses. You will also partner with other stakeholders and teams across the Firm, such as Compliance Assurance and Internal Audit, to help ensure that new business proposals as well as existing processes, systems and controls comply with regulatory obligations and Barclays’ own standards, principles, policies and procedures.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We’ve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Providing compliance coverage to US Macro Rates and FX businesses on rules and regulations relating to operational issues, transactional approvals.
- Application of internal compliance and Macro policies for day-to-day activities
- Staying abreast of relevant changes to rules, regulations, and other industry news such as regulatory findings and enforcement actions.
- Conducting Compliance Verification Checks.
- Creating and distributing relevant MI to various stakeholders and governance forums.
- Conducting monitoring/surveillance across applicable business areas.
- Participating in ad hoc or project based reviews (new products, research, remediation, enhancements, etc.).
- Delivering training to Macro staff as needed.
What we’re looking for:
- College degree
- Excellent judgment and communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
- A growth mindset with the desire to work on a variety of compliance matters, both individually and as a collaborative team-player
- Action and results-oriented, ability to multitask, and can adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience within Compliance, Audit, Legal, Risk or Controls in an investment bank
- A general understanding of Rates and FX products, as well as a familiarity of the regulatory environment in which the Business operates
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Please apply to the online link as well please upload a copy of your resume for the recruiter to access on SPS Talent.