Pulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
Sun City, Arizona
Banner Health believes leadership matters, and we look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
We are looking for an experienced Finance professional for an Associate Finance Director position to manage the financial aspects of the business and help drive the financial strategy and planning for the Arizona West Region. With a broad knowledge of all accounting, financial and business principles, you will provide strategic thinking and effective leadership to guide the business towards profitability and long-term success.
If you are looking for a growth opportunity with a fantastic company and a chance to lead an amazing team of professionals, then we’d like to hear from you!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Since 1970, Banner Boswell Medical Center has provided exceptional care to the people in the northwest area of metropolitan Phoenix. Today, our 501-bed acute-care hospital is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix’s Best Hospitals and offers a full range of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, surgery, rehabilitation, emergency, stroke, intensive care, pulmonary, urology, wound management and sleep disorders. We’ve earned the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. We’re also in the nation’s top five percent for preventing mortality and complications.
This position provides financial leadership and expertise to specific business entitles in order to ensure the achievement of financial goals and performance metrics. This position provides timely financial analysis and ensures consistency of accounting practices in accordance with GAAP and company policies.
1. Provides leadership in the achievement of financial goals including revenue growth, operating margins, accounts receivable and expense management, and other operating efficiency measures. Ensures effective processes are in place for accurate charge capture and CDM management, timely billing and collection, and compliance with appropriate cost standards and principles. Identifies performance improvement opportunities through analysis of trends and variances.
2. Manages key financial, accounting, budgeting and reporting processes and systems ensuring compliance with existing company systems, fiscal policies and procedures, internal controls, and GAAP. Develops and implements other appropriate policies and procedures as necessary.
3. Works closely with operations management to provide financial information for use in planning, staffing, budgeting and other operational decision making. Establishes and reports financial performance metrics in conjunction with operations management.
4. Presents financial information and trends to stakeholders including internal committees, management and administration.
5. Oversees financial reporting to federal or state agencies and ensures compliance in all aspects of financial operations.
6. Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and personnel evaluations. Provides on-going financial education opportunities for staff and administration, as necessary.
7. Manages and monitors contracts or subcontracts to ensure payments are appropriate and in compliance with any regulatory requirements.
8. Supports the achievement of financial goals and performance metrics for operating unit. The incumbent exercises authority and control over the assigned responsibilities of this position. This position is involved in identifying and resolving operational problems. Independently must be able to work with internal and external professional contacts, maintaining a positive customer service attitude at all times. Continually develops improvement processes in accounting, finance and other departments.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with five years prior work experience in healthcare finance. Requires in-depth knowledge of accounting principles, budgeting, cost accounting, and healthcare reimbursement methodologies. Must have strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills to work with all levels of management and external stakeholders. Must be able to compose correspondence and prepare detailed operating and financial reports using advanced computer skills and knowledge of office desktop software. Must be able to work independently, managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
Must be able to compose correspondence and prepare detailed operating and financial reports using advanced computer skills and knowledge of office desktop software.
Previous supervisory experience is highly preferred. Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.