Are your problem solving skills on point? Do you love helping people? We’re looking for a dynamic, conflict resolution professional to be a multi-partial mediator between our buyers and sellers. As a mediator, you’ll oversee a group of assigned clients to mitigate the conflict resolution process for any issues that arise. This position must address questions and concerns regarding order disputes including shipping, shortage, not-as-described issues, and any related fraud concerns; including reviewing and resolving occasional BBB complaints. This position offers you the opportunity to continually refine your skills as a conflict resolution professional.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the dispute process for several clients, while being knowledgeable on their specific policies and procedures
- Exercise due diligence, critical thinking, and negotiation skills to determine the appropriate action to resolve open disputes
- Facilitate clear and timely communication between buyer and seller; establish clear expectations to ensure understanding and overall satisfaction
- Empathize and de-escalate high stress situations
- Work closely with the Account Management and Customer Service Manager to highlight trends and recommend changes to policy/procedures that will improve the buyer experience while also decreasing the dispute rate
- Case Management: Strengthen relationships with our sellers and understand their evolving policies and procedures.
- Long-Range Planning: Maintain a future focus to determine what direction to take and how to use resources appropriately to achieve optimal resolution.
- Balanced Decision Making: The ability to be objective and to fairly evaluate the different aspects of a situation and to create win/win solutions.
- Empathy and Reality Checking: Occasionally the job demands a balanced approach when expressing an understanding of the customers concerns and communicating the reality of their situation.
- Cross-Cultural Dynamics: A high percentage of time may be spent in listening, understanding, and successfully working with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds and languages to achieve positive outcomes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Basic mediation trained or equivalent course work
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving skills, and the ability to make decisions based on sound reasoning
- Results oriented with ability to self-manage, while contributing to a positive work environment
- A team player, someone that naturally collaborates with others (at all levels) and doesn’t hesitate to engage other teams to achieve the best results
- Experience in using web-based applications, including Microsoft Office; proficiency in Excel
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent problem resolution, persuasion, and customer service skills
- A desire to begin a career in dispute resolution
- Prior working experience in de-escalating high-stress situations
- Knowledge of retail, liquidation, and wholesale principles, methods, practices and techniques
- Online auction or ecommerce experience is very helpful
- Professional proficiency in a second language
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Matching 401(K)
- Paid time off
- Telecommuting and remote-work options
- Support for continuing education
- Team off-sites, social events, annual company events, and frequent extracurricular activities
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
B-Stock is the world’s largest B2B recommerce marketplace for excess [or surplus] merchandise. Businesses of all sizes leverage the B-Stock platform to sell and buy customer returns, overstock and other excess merchandise – ranging from top brands and retailers who want best-in-class inventory management to entrepreneurs looking to source valuable merchandise for their resale businesses.
Tens of thousands of small business owners all over the globe use B-Stock to launch and power their resale business. We take pride in empowering these innovators and entrepreneurs of commerce.
In 2020 we sold 120 million items across our platform, giving a second life to this otherwise would be “waste” merchandise. In fact, we kept 400 million pounds of goods in use and saved millions from the landfill. It feels good to be B-Stock!
The amount of returned or unsold inventory continues to grow each year, and in 2020, it was estimated at over $1 trillion worth worldwide. We know there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory – no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple way to buy brand-name merchandise directly from top retailers and manufacturers. At the same time, we offer companies an automated, trusted replacement for traditional liquidation while boosting operational efficiency, recovery rates, and cycle time.
Led by eBay veterans and backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values have shaped the company we are today and will continue to drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit bstock.com/careers/
Make Each Dollar Count
Whether it’s the recovery amount or a buyer’s budget, money matters to all of our clients. And because each dollar matters to them, it matters to us.
Take Our Work Seriously, Not Ourselves
Everything at B-Stock continues to grow – everything but our egos, that is. We’re not afraid to let loose and laugh (often at ourselves).
Do The Hard Things Today That Will Pay Off Tomorrow
We’re willing to sacrifice and endure, fail and adapt to reach our long-term goals.
Use Trust As The Best Measure Of Success
The trust we earn along the way is more valuable than money. Without trust from both our buyers and sellers, our business won’t succeed.
Find Strength In Numbers
Use our passion for data to provide value to our customers, improve ourselves, and develop new ways to delight our buyers and sellers.
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
US Work Authorization required.