The Reinsurance Risk Management team is responsible for monitoring the key exposures underwritten by AXA XL Reinsurance and for understanding the overall risk profile of the reinsurance segment. This means identifying and quantifying all the risks that AXA XL Reinsurance is exposed to and then working to mitigate these risks through the efficient planning and management of capacities within our defined risk appetite.
Our risk management efforts revolve around sophisticated modelling tools and vast amounts of data. There is a need to go beyond simple risk measurement and consider the return that is received for a risk. Therefore, risk profitability analyses are essential to the work of the Reinsurance Risk Management team.
The team is not limited to evaluating AXA XL’s exposure to catastrophe losses, but also includes an aggregated assessment of man-made, credit, country, terrorism and operational risks.
In order to complete the team, we are looking for an analyst with a solid analytical background and strong communication skills. The analyst will need to be able to navigate a global complex organization, clearly communicate data requirements, and present results in a meaningful way to different audiences.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Regularly assessing our risk framework by evaluating stress scenarios and validating methodologies
- Generating semi-annual loss estimates for all stress scenarios in our risk framework
- Managing, enhancing and maintaining our exposure data systems
- Coordinating the collection of exposure data for all man-made risks tracked by the segment
- Supporting underwriters during renewals by projecting risk capacity usage
- Running post-event analyses to estimate the potential loss to a recent man-made event
- Developing data visualization tools to share risk metrics as well as exposure information with Management
- Producing semi-annual regulatory reports
You will report to the Senior Actuary in Reinsurance Risk Management.
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Bachelor degree in Actuarial Science or Data Science with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 0-2 years of experience in the fields of insurance, finance, and/or economics
- Strong programming skills, including experience with R and Python (or similar language)
- Mathematics background that includes probability and statistics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, SQL and VBA
- A self-motivated problem solver with a strong attention to detail & highly organized
- Excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills
Flexible Work Eligible
Alternate Location, Flexible Work Schedule
AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.