Our Actuarial Internships will sharpen your actuarial skills while you gain insight into the insurance and reinsurance industry. Interns at AXA XL gain an understanding of important insurance concepts and have the opportunity to meet with leaders from various functions: Insurance, Reinsurance, Capital Modeling, Claims, Pricing and Reserving.
During the 10 weeks, our interns work on meaningful projects such as developing new tools used by underwriters, evaluating historical loss trends, and determining the impact of pricing decisions on future profitability. You will be involved in a whole range of activities that help us deliver on AXA XL’s high-quality, industry-leading image.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Insight into the role of an actuary at an insurer/reinsurer.
- An opportunity to hone your skills with a team of experienced credentialed actuaries.
- An opportunity to develop an understanding of AXA XL’s insurance and reinsurance business.
- A team project culminating in a final presentation to Senior Leadership.
- A highly collaborative, entrepreneurial work environment.
- A chance to set your ideas free
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Completion of at least two years of college towards a degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- 3.2 or higher GPA
- Completion of 1 or more actuarial exams.
- Experience solving problems in Excel.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and research abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with a drive for results.
- A high level of intellectual capability and curiosity.
- Passion for solving puzzles through collaboration and innovation.
- Legal Authorization to work in the country in which the position is posted.
Flexible Work Eligible
Flexible Work Schedule
AXA XL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.