The Senior Marketing Manager, Loyalty position is on the AutoZone Loyalty and CRM team and will oversee the AutoZone Reward program with primary goals to: drive incremental sales, increase share of wallet, and improve customer retention. This candidate will develop program and marketing strategies that capitalize on growth opportunities with prioritized customer segments by leveraging program analytics and customer insights. This role will work closely with cross-functional teams focused on DIY Marketing, Merchandising, and Operations to drive overall program success. The position will report to the Director of Marketing, Loyalty and CRM and will be closely aligned with critical functional business partners to develop and execute the go-to-market initiatives that will drive brand engagement and help influence the company’s overall business KPIs.
The purpose of this position is to drive the development of Loyalty strategies and implement across the enterprise. This position will work with senior business leaders to articulate capability gaps in the customer experience, data and technology, then identify solutions to fill those gaps, enabling delivery of the program roadmap agenda to drive acquisition, retention, and growth. Capability gaps are related to a variety of technology and data infrastructure, operating processes and marketing execution elements.
In addition to driving the Loyalty strategies, this position will be accountable for working cross-functionally and with partners within Marketing on a daily basis to execute tactics and campaigns that deliver value to the consumer. The Senior Marketing Manager, Loyalty will serve as a subject matter expert to help integrate loyalty strategies across various functional areas and serve as a single point of contact for key leaders within Marketing, Merchandising, IT, Digital Experience, and/or Operations organizations.
- Develop and implement strategies and processes to deliver results for overall loyalty business objectives: customer acquisition and retention, program cost management, increased sales and customer engagement, and consumer insights/understanding
- Lead efforts across Marketing, Creative, Operations, E-Commerce, Merchandising, IT and partner with external vendors to support the loyalty program and achieve the program’s goals
- Partner with business stakeholders to create, design and drive the Loyalty program strategy and roadmap
- Refine and recommend new program benefits and capabilities as needed including, but not limited to, core construct tests, soft benefits, and engagement components supported by external research, program analysis and modeling, and internal requirements
- Work with Marketing Operations to set the program vision, strategies, and prioritization of business capabilities
- Drive loyalty program enrollment and engagement via multichannel marketing
- Build multichannel loyalty communications strategy in partnership with Marketing, Creative, Operations, E-Commerce, Merchandising, IT and third-party vendors to drive program engagement
- Build appropriate KPIs and reporting packages for executive leadership, cross-functional, and Loyalty team use to measure and assess program and campaign performance
- Manage program performance and customer activity reporting including customer segmentation, program level impact (return on investment and profitability), customer demographics, and benefits usage recommending relevant adjustments to the program
This position has three direct reports.
Position Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in loyalty program management/marketing with a multi-channel retailer preferred
- Significant project management experience
- Experience working with IT partners to advance program capabilities; experience working in an Agile team environment a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; persuasive in presenting complex concepts to groups
- Proven analytical, business planning, strategic planning and leadership skills
- Proven ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change within a fast-paced environment