Senior Accountant External Reporting
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Denver, Colorado; White Plains, New York; Spokane, Washington; Tustin, California; Los Angeles, California
- Corporate/Region Office
The Senior Accountant, External Reporting, is responsible for extermal financial reporting, as well as acquisitions and divestitures. This role is based in our beautiful corporate office in downtown Ft. Lauderdale, FL. AutoNation is offering relocation assistance for this role.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports to be filed with the SEC, including MD&A, financial statements, and accompanying footnotes, and other supplemental information; and ensure such reports comply with GAAP and SEC reporting standards
- Assist with gathering financial information from various corporate and region departments, maintain quarterly reporting time table, and monitor progress against reporting cycle milestones
- Assist in the preparation of supporting workpapers for financial statement footnote disclosures and MD&A disclosures and ensure SOX compliance
- Prepare various quarterly analyses including inventory valuation reserve and EPS calculations, as well as debt and equity rollforwards.
- Assist with acquisition and divestiture accounting for newly acquired and divested stores, including analysis, journal entries, and related account reconciliations and rollforwards
- Assist in audit process through the preparation of schedules and communications with external auditors
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding, and stay abreast of changes to GAAP and SEC rules and regulations
- Research and evaluate technical accounting issues and the related impact to the company’s financial statements
- Assist with XBRL tagging
- Assist with preparation of various deliverables for Audit Committee
- Perform special accounting projects as assigned
- 4-year degree in accounting
- 2-3 years of related work experience
- Experience with public company/SEC reporting
- Strong understanding of financial statements and footnote disclosures
- Solid current working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and SEC regulations
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Hyperion and Essbase systems experience
- Workiva experience
- XBRL experience
Next Possible Position:
Manager – External Reporting
Corporate Accounting / Consolidations
Internal Audit/Compliance Audit
As America’s largest and most recognized automotive retailer, AutoNation is transforming the automotive industry through its bold leadership, innovation, and comprehensive brand extensions. We are committed to hiring driven, diverse Associates and supporting them in growing their career within AutoNation. We offer paid training, competitive pay & benefits and a culture that believes in investing in our Associates’ professional futures. With over 315 locations from coast to coast, AutoNation has an opportunity for you. We’ve sold over 13 million vehicles, the first automotive retailer to reach this milestone. Our success is driven by our commitment to delivering a peerless Customer experience through customer-focused sales and service processes. We believe deeply in giving back, and every car we sell helps to raise cancer research and treatment awareness with a Pink Plate. We have proudly raised over $25 million dollars to drive out cancer, create awareness, and support critical research.
Click here to learn more about our Benefits.
Join us as we pave the way to moving our company, our communities and our industry forward. Apply today at a location near you or wherever you dream the road will take you.
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.