Manager, Video Strategy
Our culture lifts you up—there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile and dedicated.
Job Description :
As a cable operator, Atlantic Broadband works with a variety of programming partners (e.g. Disney, NBCUniversal) to bundle video channels and offer television services to our customers. We are constantly assessing our negotiated rates with programming partners as well as the channels and overall video content we provide for our customers. The Atlantic Broadband Product Strategy team is looking for a Manager, Video Strategy to help us drive this strategic decision making. In addition to video strategy, the role will include limited monthly operational analyses related to partner payments and remittances.
- Support all aspects of video strategy, content deal evaluation and programming analysis; help direct the future of our video business and strategy
- Model programming deals across network types and with complex cost structures to support content deal negotiations
- Build business cases to assess and determine what content we should carry, including add/keep/drop analyses, and breakeven impact of “go-dark” scenarios
- Conduct negotiation support analysis including viewership, cost/rating, video margin, and competitive benchmarking
- Create insightful presentations that summarize analysis and present them to the leadership team to support strategy and decision-making
- Manage the end-to-end programming financial process from monthly content payments to the programming budget and model; monitoring and evaluating any programming cost variances to budget
- Working with MIS/data/finance team to develop better systems to automate/accurately capture subscriber information for payment
- Work with programming and finance teams to evaluate and resolve audit findings
- Manage all contractual marketing support obligations with marketing & programmers
- Other video/programming and product analysis responsibilities as assigned
The person in this role must be a well-organized self-starter who is adept at working cross-functionally across all levels of the organization; takes initiative to identify problems and develop practical solutions; is focused on delivering results; and is an aggressive multitasker and who has in-depth, hands on analytical experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, or other relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
- 4+ years+ of professional corporate strategy, financial analytics, or consulting experience; experience within the cable or telecommunications industries is a plus
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize based on high-level goals and objectives
- Experience implementing new processes and best practices
- Adaptability and flexibility to operate in a fast-paced and highly evolutionary environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-function and cross-level
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, written and oral communication skills; SQL experience is a plus
Atlantic Broadband Finance, LLC
Being inclusive is simply welcoming you to be yourself!
Being inclusive also means fostering a climate of trust and respect, and encouraging diversity and equity for every candidate wanting to be part of the Cogeco team.
Being inclusive allows us to reduce barriers in the workplace and to take actions to enable accessibility for all!
Being inclusive is more than a word, it’s our commitment to you!
If you need any accommodations to apply or as part of the recruitment process, please contact us confidentially at email@example.com