OTC Business Operations Manager
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
Purpose & Scope:
The OTC (order to cash) Business Operations Manager will support the OTC GPO (group purchasing organization)/Optimization Lead with operational oversight and analytical capabilities, in addition to leading customer interactions to pursue collections, resolve claims and deductions, and minimize accounts receivable (A/R) risk.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Contribute to successful delivery of OTC functions within GBS (global business services). Support assurance of OTC process adherence and efficiency. Continuously seek to maintain or extend global harmonization and provide clear explanation and justification for local/regional process deviations.
- Identify and promote opportunities for process improvement, including targets for enhanced automation.
- Investigate and analyze causes for performance shortfalls or deviations, and recommend corrective actions.
- Promote or challenge requests from users for process or system changes, building business cases based on compliance, efficiency, effectiveness, innovation and other improvement measures.
- Ensure OTC compliance with key audit controls through proactive monitoring and reporting. Address risk areas with proposed changes.
- Define collections strategies to facilitate avoidance of past due A/R and exposure to bad debt.
- Partner with OTC service delivery function to address areas of concern, maintain performance within or above targets and ensure efficiency of operations.
- Interact with customers on open disputes, deductions or other issues, seeking timely and accurate resolution.
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation of customer credit status, including credit utilization and delinquency.
- Liaise with retained resources outside of GBS to manage the impact of credit, collections, disputes within customer order fulfillment and sales.
- Reports to OTC GPO/Optimization Lead.
- Works collaboratively across GBS workstreams.
- Acts as key service partner to Commercial Finance, Health Systems (including Channel Account Management) and Supply Chain Management.
- Interact with Astellas customers
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience in OTC (order to cash) operations required.
- SAP experience required.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Knowledge of customer master data.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays, including year-end shutdown
- 401(k) Match and Annual Company Contribution
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
- Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
- Referral bonus program
Astellas is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled