Ascension is seeking an Intern to support our Marillac Mission Fund team, Part Time!
Marillac Mission Fund, a program of Ascension, is committed to supporting programs that impact persons who experience poverty and vulnerability in order to increase access to resources and conditions that enhance healthy lifestyles and enable individuals and communities to help themselves. In keeping with the Marillac Mission Fund mission of serving people who experience poverty in the Greater St. Louis region, every decision is guided by the following values; Careful and responsible management of resources entrusted to our care; Empowerment of individuals and agencies to achieve their goals; Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life; and Working in partnership with others to achieve the greater good for all.
Marillac Mission Fund is in its 25th year of investing in area nonprofits serving people who experience poverty and vulnerability. We strive to provide assistance and work with those who likewise desire to embrace the healing ministry of Jesus Christ.
What You Will Do
This internship is designed for candidates interested in learning more about philanthropy and the nonprofit sector, organizational development, and/or developing a career in the nonprofit sector. In this role, you will have the opportunity to assist a team of three program staff in the development, research, policy analysis, program evaluation, and maintenance of the Fund’s charitable grants program and related strategies. In addition, you are provided with exposure to both the various facets of nonprofit organizational management and to the workings of the broader nonprofit sector.
The Intern performs a variety of department-specific responsibilities and tasks in a training capacity and on a temporary basis.
- Performs work assignments linked to department/project goals.
- Organizes and prioritizes work assignments on a daily basis, raising questions and issues in a timely manner.
- Performs functions efficiently within scope of authority as defined by the supervisor.
- Participates and collaborates with others on MMF projects as requested.
- Support staff efforts with program development and evaluation of grant reports.
- Assist with communication projects (i.e., website, foundation reports)
- Assist with staff in responding to general grant requests.
- Prepare written analysis on trends, policies and opportunities in the focus areas.
- Work on collaborative group projects and funding initiatives when available.
- Assist in implementing evaluation processes for MMF programs.
- Perform research and data collection.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience or Associate’s degree required.
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s degree program.
Education & Experience:
- Relevant experience or field of study required.
- Enrolled in or graduate of a Social Work graduate degree program at an accredited college or university preferred.
- Graduate in Public Policy, Public Health, Nonprofit Management, Organizational Development
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.