Full Job Description
Ardent Health Services invests in people, technology, facilities and communities, producing high-quality care and extraordinary results. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Ardent’s subsidiaries own and operate 30 hospitals in six states with more than 26,000 employees including 1,000+ employed providers and $4.4B in annual revenue. Ardent facilities exceed national averages in Overall Hospital Quality Star Rating as ranked by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; 89 percent of its hospitals received a three-star rating or above in comparison with 73 percent of all hospitals ranked Ardent’s corporate office has been named “Top Work Places” for Nashville based companies for 5 consecutive years including 2021.
- 30 Hospitals
- 4,279 Licensed Beds
- 130 Managed Beds
- 26,000 Employees
- 181 Clinic Locations
- 1,000+ Employed Providers
- $4.4 Billion in Revenues
- 2.7 Million Provider Encounters/Day
- 2.9 Million Ambulatory Visits
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Information Technology team as a Sr. Project Manager.
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. This position will manage resources, schedules, and financials and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. The Senior Project Manager’s responsibilities also include management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. This position will contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. This position will verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, is executed within the specified constraints of time and cost and achieves the potential benefits defined in the business case.
This individual may potentially manage smaller system deployments and may oversee projects driven by junior PMs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business
- Develop project scope and charter based on business needs, taking budget, schedule, resources, and business goals into consideration.
- Provide leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Understand interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address client goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from planning, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, CIO and key stakeholders
- Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and university stakeholders
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
- Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
- Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline
- Proven success in providing on site leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
Education and Technical:
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent
- Tools include MS Project and the MS Office Suite
- PMP Certification required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience using a structured packaged systems deployment methodology
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience managing large projects (15 or more people)
- Experience working with Sr. Leaders, and a proven track record of communication and successful implementations