Full Job Description
Posted: Sep 15, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products – they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for a Product Manager to join the Worldwide Strategic Initiative team. As the Product Manager, you will part of the team responsible for defining, developing and launching global initiatives directly and measurably impact Apple and its customers.
- 8+ years of product management experience.
- Experience working with global multi-timezone teams and launching products worldwide.
- Passionate about user experience; able to inspire and work with designers and engineers.
- Possess strong decision making and prioritization skills.
- Be able to work independently; anticipating and resolving problems.
- Have insights into modern interactive design and development standards.
- Self-motivated and pro-active with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Build out timelines and user stories based on rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills with both individuals, partners and executives within Apple
- Strong technical background, ability to dive into the technical details is a must.
- Ability to think end-to-end, and champion the digital experience as well as POS.
- Knowledge of Apple products and industry.
Gather requirements to develop strategic as well as tactical and detailed project plans, objectives, and schedules that support the program. Collaborate with business, design, engineering, and partners to track specific details of feature work. Work with cross-functional teams to define the user stories, project KPI, and follow through from ideation to delivery. Able to work globally on various releases and competing resources. Lead feature release, post-launch support, and issue triage during and beyond launch period as necessary. Proficient in frontend metrics for customer journey and related metrics.
Education & Experience
Degree in human interaction sociology, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent is preferred