Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish! Are you passionate about complex challenges? Apple is where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. This position will report to the Head of Government Affairs META to support government and institutional engagement in KSA and the GCC. The role necessitates an extensive set of existing relationships at strategic levels, a deep understanding of the regulatory and policy environment and its impact on Apple. The role will take the lead on government engagement and interface, key policy issues, representing Apple’s position with policy makers, influencers and trade associations. It will build on existing relationships and collaborate closely with internal partners to build knowledge, advocacy strategies and achieve results.
- BA (preferably Masters) Degree in Political Science, Policy or Economics, Engineering
- 10-15 years experience professional experience in Government Affairs & Public Policy Advocacy, Market Access, preferably a mix of government and with leading technology / telecom companies, preferably within government
- At least 10 years experience in Saudi Arabia
- Strong experience dealing with the GCC Government and key national and multinational institutions and industry
- Deep knowledge of political landscape, and policy building in Saudi Arabia and GCC
- Additional experience in other META countries a plus
- Proven experience in building sophisticated multicultural matrix of external partners in GCC
- Experience building central initiatives with government
- Experience in driving substantial regulatory change to improve operations
- Experience in dealing successfully with different layers of government
- Experience in managing sophisticated government affairs projects successfully
- Experience in owning and influencing trade association activity
- Interpersonal skills
- Leader with exceptionally high integrity and ethics
- Passionate about achieving results
- Ability to build strategic relationships and a tactical problem solver
- Methodical with high attention to detail
- Outstanding networker
- Ability to navigate complex-matrix environments
- Ability to engage both senior leadership and their teams.
- Ability to deal with multiple partners to solve complex issues internally and externally
- Ability to develop trust based relations internally and externally
- Highly proficient organization and presentation skills
- Passionate about the industry
- Proficiency in English and Arabic.
Proactively monitor policy developments in Saudi & GCC and assess their impact on Apple – Map and prioritize government partners by issues, strategic projects and lines of business. Build/maintain/enhance Apple’s relationships with key government partners. Collaborate with GA team and cross-functional colleagues to develop Apple’s positions and strategies on key issues. Manage Apple’s government engagement and implement engagement strategies. Represent Apple’s position with government and policy makers to maximize regulatory opportunities and eliminate/minimize threats.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse education and give special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.