Sustainability Data Verifier/Analyst
Remote – East Coast,
Position: Sustainability Data Verifier/Analyst (Scientist 2)
Industry: Environmental Science or Engineering
Location: Remote- East Coast
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Sustainability Data Verifier/Analyst :
- Assist with verification/assurance of corporate sustainability reporting environmental, social, and governance data under several standards (GRI, SASB, TCFD, CDP, ICMM, WGC, etc.),
- Assist with verification of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions (Greenhouse Gas Protocol Scope 1, Scope 2, and Scope 3; The Climate Registry) following internal procedures and external standards and guidelines.
- Gather data to support materiality assessments, gap assessments against standards, and benchmarking.
- Identify, gather, analyze, and interpret data related to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) assertions on behalf of clients. Data could include waste, water, energy, GHG, inclusion and diversity, Voluntary Principles for Security and Human Rights, raw materials, supply chain, and production.
- Develop sustainability inventories such as GHG, water, waste, etc. for public reporting by clients.
- Write technical reports, verification/assurance statements, and proposals.
- Communicate well with clients at the facility and corporate levels.
- Actively develop your own career growth.
- Identify, obtain and maintain credentials as the sustainability industry evolves and to meet client and company needs.
Why you’ll love working with us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS in Environmental Science/Engineering or Sustainability or Climate Change / Carbon Accounting or Environmental Economics MS is a plus.
- At least 3 to 8 years of proven technical experience with sustainability reporting, assurance/verification, project management, and other sustainability-related projects.
- Ability to engage and motivate a team of coworkers or contractors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with data management and report preparation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel.
- Credential as ISO 9001, 14001 45001 auditor or lead auditor is a plus
- Travel approximately 20-40%
- Strong attention to detail.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team, or apply directly at www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex is not only an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, we truly value diversity in many forms. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.