At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
Sustainability Data Verifier/Analyst
Lakewood, CO 80401
Position: Sustainability Data Verifier/Analyst (Scientist 3)
Industry: Environmental Science or Engineering
Location: Remote- Central U.S.
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest-growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Sustainability Data Verifier/Analyst:
● Assist with verification/assurance of corporate sustainability reporting environmental, social, and governance data under several standards (GRI, SASB, TCFD, CDP, ICMM, WGC, etc.),
● Assist with verification of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions (Greenhouse Gas Protocol Scope 1, Scope 2, and Scope 3; The Climate Registry) following internal procedures and external standards and guidelines.
● Gather data to support materiality assessments, gap assessments against standards, and benchmarking.
● Identify, gather, analyze, and interpret data related to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) assertions on behalf of clients. Data could include waste, water, energy, GHG, inclusion and diversity, Voluntary Principles for Security and Human Rights, raw materials, supply chain, and production.
● Develop sustainability inventories such as GHG, water, waste, etc. for public reporting by clients.
● Write technical reports, verification/assurance statements, and proposals.
● Communicate well with clients at the facility and corporate levels.
● Actively develop your own career growth.
● Identify, obtain and maintain credentials as the sustainability industry evolves and to meet client and company needs.
Why you’ll love working for us:
● Company-subsidized medical and dental.
● Company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability.
● 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
● Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
● Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
● Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
● 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we’re looking for:
● BS in Geology, Hydrogeology, Sustainability, Climate change accounting, Environmental Science, or other related field
● 3-6 years of experience with environmental field sampling and data collection
● Auditing skills from a compliance, financial and environmental field
● Strong technical writing skills, the ability to successfully multi-task, safety awareness, and a good record and understanding of safe work practices
● Experience with data management and report preparation.
● A valid driver’s license and personal vehicle are required.
● Strong communication skills.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel.
● Credential as ISO 9001, 14001 45001 auditor or lead auditor is a plus
● Proficiency with Sequel, PowerQuery, and similar tools/databases is a plus.
● Travel approximately 10-20%
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000, and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team, or apply directly at www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex is not only an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, we truly value diversity in many forms. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.